• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wife and I bailed out five years ago. Daughter and family moving to TX next month. Good for them, bad for us. Other daughter stuck there for now but may change down the road. 21 year old grandson says he wants out. Decades ago virtually all my relatives on both side were in Chicago. None left, all moved on or died.

Its a shame that IL is and always will be ruled by corrupt, incompetent pols from Crook county. IMO a person would be a fool to move there.
    Unless you are pursuing a career in politics.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Friend in Illinois sent me this:
    ISRA Thursday Bulletin - February 14, 2019

Executive Directors Message

Another Illinois gun company has bitten the dust, at least in Illinois. Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT) is the brainchild of Karl Lewis and was located in Milan, Illinois since 1980. LMT produces firearms for 45 countries around the world, specializing in high quality firearms for elite units like the British Special Air Services to their latest contract with the Estonian Defense Forces. Those two contracts alone brought $55,000,000 into Illinois. Remember they deal with 43 other countries. I don’t know the value of those contracts but it could be in the hundreds of millions of dollars and beyond. Also remember that most of this money comes from oversees into Illinois - or did. No more. The need for expanded facilities and the relentless bombardment of anti-gun initiatives by the Illinois General Assembly, including burdensome taxes and threats from assorted Illinois Governors, forced LMT to move to the welcoming arms of Eldridge, Iowa. The Illinois General Assembly should get the Economic Development Awards from Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri.

HB 2331 - Rita Mayfield (D-Waukegan) has proposed a new sales tax of 3.75% percent on firearms and firearm components. The money is supposed to be used for youth programs. The programs are not specified but my guess is the monies would be shoveled into anti-gun programs.

State Representative Brad Holbrook (R-Shelbyville) filed HR0101 which calls for a study to possibly make Chicago the 51st state. You will find HR0101 on the Bills and Resolutions page on the ilga.gov website. I am hearing HR0101 is gaining traction outside of Chicago.

At this writing there are 64 gun bills the ISRA is tracking with as many as 150 to 200 more expected to come. I know many of you are waiting to file witness slips. The ISRA will not call for witness slips unless we know a bill is going to be heard in Committee. Yesterday, Wednesday, was a good example. In the House Judiciary Committee, 68 bills were posted for hearings and of those, 17 were gun bills. We were told that none would be heard and none were heard.

The State of Illinois uses electronic witness slips. A witness slip that is filed on a bill that is not heard will vanish after the hearing. So, if anyone filed a witness slip on one of the bills posted for Wednesday’s hearing, those are now gone and a new witness slip will have to be filed next time. When the ISRA calls for witness slips, we really need them. We will try to be as accurate as possible. ....

So Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) has left (or is leaving) the state of Illinois ... and taking all their tax money with them. I wish ALL gun companies in Illinois would do the same ... Springfield Armory*, Rock River Arms*, Krebs, etc.

*these two got caught with their hand in the cookie jar a couple years ago ... donating to anti-gun politicians in exchange for cut-out protections from anti-gun legislation.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Downstate needs to secede. Or.... that which cannot be written here.

Same goes for upstate New York, California’s Central Valley, and many other areas where the nearby urban population unjustly rules their lives.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Downstate needs to secede. Or.... that which cannot be written here.

Same goes for upstate New York, California’s Central Valley, and many other areas where the nearby urban population unjustly rules their lives.

Yet this is exactly what this alliance of (liberal) states is trying to accomplish by bypassing the Electoral College. Just on a national scale instead of local.

Top Bottom