• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Many people lamenting Obama's mere two years had plenty more to lament and did so.

Yes, there certainly is a lot of whining going on. Perhaps the Republicans shouldn't have offered "Cash and Vacations for Influence" McCain on the heels of Cowboy Dubbya. If they're going to give it away they really have no room to complain.

"Experience" in congress does not seem to get us anywhere, since congress is a failure. It's crisis mode now, I think the dogcatcher would be just as better than obama is now.

While I agree with you about the worth of Congress, I think the dog would be better than McCain. I mean seriously, a guy who sold himself to a banker as President during a banking triggered crisis? Clever plan.

Whaddaya bet the Republicans ignore the only real conservative, Paul, and offer up another convenient puppet yet again? You know, someone like "Don't audit the Fed they're clean, I know because I was a Director" Cain.

I know I'm certainly hot to have a new Federal Sales Tax to cut businesses and the wealthy slack, then pay even more with the "Fair Tax" on its heels.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Norquist: 9-9-9 puts 3 needles in taxpayer's arm | Campaign 2012

Norquist was even less sanguine about Cain's 9-9-9 plan. "Having three taxes, all of which can grow - it's like having three needles in your arm taking blood out, it's much more dangerous than having one," Norquist explained. Norquist praised Cain for trying to get rid of a "redistributionist" tax code, but warned that Congress could hijack Cain's plan. "What if the Demcrats win the House, the Senate, or the presidency . . . and say let's keep all three [taxes]?" Grover asked. "All three would grow over time."

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Yes, there certainly is a lot of whining going on. Perhaps the Republicans shouldn't have offered "Cash and Vacations for Influence" McCain on the heels of Cowboy Dubbya. If they're going to give it away they really have no room to complain.

While I agree with you about the worth of Congress, I think the dog would be better than McCain. I mean seriously, a guy who sold himself to a banker as President during a banking triggered crisis? Clever plan.

Whaddaya bet the Republicans ignore the only real conservative, Paul, and offer up another convenient puppet yet again? You know, someone like "Don't audit the Fed they're clean, I know because I was a Director" Cain.

I know I'm certainly hot to have a new Federal Sales Tax to cut businesses and the wealthy slack, then pay even more with the "Fair Tax" on its heels.

Don't you think if Paul was winning in the polls and won in the primary that the GOP would back him? He's just not polling that well, maybe for superficial reasons and maybe for other bs reasons but that is still the fact. I'm not crazy about any of the candidates in there now. I would vote for Paul if he was looking like a winner but I'm not seeing it. I don't think he will take the primary. No one candidate will be perfect and as far as making a statement by voting 3rd party, I don't think anybody is really listening.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    'Flat' tax is no longer flat

Herman Cain 999 Plan Would Allow Exemptions For Poor Areas
    DETROIT — Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain on Friday redefined his tax plan to exclude the poorest Americans and to allow some deductions, abandoning the zero-exemption feature of his "9-9-9" proposal that helped win headlines but would have meant a tax increase for 4 out of 5 Americans.

After sharp criticism over his one-size-fits-all plan from Republicans and Democrats alike, Cain proposed no income taxes for Americans living at or below the poverty line. He also proposed exemptions for businesses investing in "opportunity zones" as a way to give an economic jolt to rundown neighborhoods such as the one he visited in hard-hit Detroit.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Independent group says 9-9-9 is a tax hike on most of us

Tax Policy Center: 84% would pay more under Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Under Herman Cain's 9-9-9 tax reform plan, 84% of U.S. households would pay more than they do under current tax policies, according to a report released Tuesday by a nonpartisan research group.And the impact would be felt most heavily by the lowest income groups.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I'm not crazy about any of the candidates in there now. I would vote for Paul if he was looking like a winner but I'm not seeing it. I don't think he will take the primary. No one candidate will be perfect and as far as making a statement by voting 3rd party, I don't think anybody is really listening.

Voting for someone because you think they are going to win, is probly the worst reason to vote for someone imo. That rank up there with "I voted for the lesser of two evils." Congrats, you voted for someone that you think will do a bad job AND you more than likely didnt support that person. Thats one reason we are where we are today. We have a 2 party system because there is no "i voted for the lesser of three evils."

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    OK, so while I haven't read every word of the MANY posts on this topic, one thing I do see is a trend by some (or most) to poo-poo the 9-9-9 plan.

That's cool, it your right to do so. My question to you all is: What's YOUR plan? Don't like the Fair Tax plan because it's too progressive? WHAT? like what we have is soooo incredibly fair?

While we can all wax philosophical about what man-kind will or won't do with a Fair Tax (or 9-9-9 or whatever) plan, I don't see the CarmelHP's of this thread actually stating what they'd like to see.

AND, I say kudos for any candidate with the stones to actually take this topic to the forefront of a campaign. Cain (or RonPaul) could have taken a different tack on it but shame on them for actually believing that their plan is better than the foot-thick tax code we currently have. BAD CANDIDATE!

All of what ou guys say makes total sense. BUT, let's not forget that the current tax code SUCKS! My 10 year old could come up with something better. I personally like the Fair Tax Plan, including the prebate. Are there things that need to be worked out with it? Heck yes there are. Is it better than the nightmare that companies and individuals face now? Heck yes it is.

There will always be winners and losers in any tax code. The problem is that too many people want to have everyone be winners and that's just not feasible. Prove me wrong PLEASE!

<<rant off and donning the Nomex uniform for pending flamage>>

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    While we can all wax philosophical about what man-kind will or won't do with a Fair Tax (or 9-9-9 or whatever) plan, I don't see the CarmelHP's of this thread actually stating what they'd like to see.
    So, any change is good? Right? Hope and change, how's that working out for you? Let's go from one half baked politician to another. The level of gullibility around here is stupefying. Stop looking for new ways to feed the beast.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Cain Unites America: Everyone Thinks His 9-9-9 Plan is a Joke

large.jpg

Top Bottom