• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    You are correct that Jim Banks (R-IN) announced he is not running for his US House Seat. That is because he is running for US Senate hoping to replace Senator Mike Braun who is running for Indiana Governor.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I believe election integrity should be our number one goal Nationwide.
    Primaries should take care of the rest.
    There really has been a lot of election fraud uncovered, many want to deny it others want to ignore it but it's there.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Winning elections is the core requirement to making any change. All I'm saying is if you drive all the "RINO'S" out then you'll be left with nothing but the other side taking the entire field. But hey, you'll have your purity and that's all you'll have.

Run your purity drive at your own peril.

Regards,

Doug
    I am trying to balance this, we must recruit, fund, work for, and elect conservatives where we can best as we can. If not we need to work with the likes of Susan Collins until such time as we can turn her state more red. We need to eliminate the likes of Romney and Young, that vote closer to Collins while being elected by a much more conservative electorate…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Capitulation got us here.

Winning elections is not enough to turn the ship around, it requires people who pledge themselves against the system, and for this country first and foremost.

That is the pragmatic path, unless you're hastening the day the shooting starts. If you're blindly pulling levers, and advocating go-along-to-get-along, you are hastening that day whether you understand it or not.
    Along with those that will not vote for biden, but because of some insane reasoning, they won’t vote for Trump either, so they will just stay home.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There really is a war for the soul of the Republican Party and this is just another indication that progress is being made and rats are leaving. The way they leave tells it all, they time it to hurt AF part of the party as much as possible.

Conservatives were highly critical of the date Gallagher chose to depart.”

"This is calculated," argued conservative commentator Charlie Kirk. "Gallagher could leave now, and allow his safe Republican seat to be filled quickly. Instead, he is deliberately leaving on a timeline that will leave it empty until November, leaving the GOP majority even smaller and making a Democrat House takeover a real possibility."

“Gallagher's announcement comes after Buck hinted that more GOP resignations were in the works.“

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It certainly will be a relief when we get rid of all the RINOs and corrupt politicians in the GOP. I think being in the minority for the foreseeable future will be a small price to pay. I look forward to some severe Harrumphing.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    It certainly will be a relief when we get rid of all the RINOs and corrupt politicians in the GOP. I think being in the minority for the foreseeable future will be a small price to pay. I look forward to some severe Harrumphing.
    The price of being in the minority since Trump lost is 10M migrants, wars, 8+T$ in partisan bs, and making everything too damn expensive. But sure, let's sacrifice the majority to keep chasing a legislative makeup that isn't going to reflect the voting base.
    I'll take effective center right over the far-right mouthpiece any day.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The price of being in the minority since Trump lost is 10M migrants, wars, 8+T$ in partisan bs, and making everything too damn expensive. But sure, let's sacrifice the majority to keep chasing a legislative makeup that isn't going to reflect the voting base.
    Yep, we need to keep electing those democrats in RINO clothing, like old Liz.

Liz Cheney: “I believe that we’re in a situation where the future of the democracy depends upon making sure the Republicans are not in the majority in the House and in the Senate in 2025.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Yep, we need to keep electing those democrats in RINO clothing, like old Liz.

Liz Cheney: “I believe that we’re in a situation where the future of the democracy depends upon making sure the Republicans are not in the majority in the House and in the Senate in 2025.

Liz is egregious and was rightfully removed from her post.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    How can you bee sure that center right will be “effective “? Oh you mean passing a 1.3 Trillion budget extension effective…. Sorry, I almost forgot that tidbit of effectiveness.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    With all the concern about the giant spending bill, why didn’t the Republican House pass their departmental bills in regular order? If they had, they wouldn’t have been in this mess.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

What are you winning if you put people in office who are functionally democrats?

I do not understand this argument or mindset at all, unless the premise is ignorance of what happens when those people vote.

Maybe a participation sticker? Seeing more red dots on a TV broadcast? I care more about what policies are enacted.

Further more, if you want center right policy, you need far right politicians to get it. We aren't a 1 party country, and the policy will be composed of compromises with the left. You'd be really bad in sales if you don't grasp this concept.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With all the concern about the giant spending bill, why didn’t the Republican House pass their departmental bills in regular order? If they had, they wouldn’t have been in this mess.
    Because the RINOs 'center-right republicans' want to put objectionable spending and earmarks in there while selling us out [can you say 'national red flag resource center'] to get along by going along. Their own rules say a minimum of 72 hours must be allowed for the reading of a bill before a vote. They could have invoked that stricture and let the government shut down for a couple of days and make the point of why they did so (because 'gotcha governing' isn't in anyone's interest)

The country club republicans aren't a thing anymore, and the hateful way they pick up their toys and go home should be all the evidence you need that they were never on your side anyway

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    What are you winning if you put people in office who are functionally democrats?

I do not understand this argument or mindset at all, unless the premise is ignorance of what happens when those people vote.

Maybe a participation sticker? Seeing more red dots on a TV broadcast? I care more about what policies are enacted.

Further more, if you want center right policy, you need far right politicians to get it. We aren't a 1 party country, and the policy will be composed of compromises with the left. You'd be really bad in sales if you don't grasp this concept.
    To pretend that the policy outcomes from 2017-2019 and 2021-2023 are indistinguishable is insane to me. You cannot win without swing districts. You cannot win swing districts with far right candidates. Mark Levin put out a dumb tweet after Hogan announced for Senate in Maryland. Basically saying he wasn’t a far -right and we could do better. Hogan is a Republican, who is winning in the polls in… Maryland. Imagine the policy and judicial changes we would have right now if Maryland had a moderate Republican in the Senate. It makes a big difference.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    To pretend that the policy outcomes from 2017-2019 and 2021-2023 are indistinguishable is insane to me. You cannot win without swing districts. You cannot win swing districts with far right candidates. Mark Levin put out a dumb tweet after Hogan announced for Senate in Maryland. Basically saying he wasn’t a far -right and we could do better. Hogan is a Republican, who is winning in the polls in… Maryland. Imagine the policy and judicial changes we would have right now if Maryland had a moderate Republican in the Senate. It makes a big difference.
    Well, the Left has no problems winning elections with far Left candidates - so what is the difference?

Oh yeah - voter fraud in urban districts in swing States that are controlled by Democrats. :@ya:

The problem isn't with how far Left or Right the candidates are, the problem is with who is counting (and manufacturing) the ballots. :shady:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    The theory always sounds reasonable, the application isn't so smooth. When there is no stark contrast between Republicans and Democrats, Democrats win. Dole, McCain and Romney did not give a stark contrast to their opponents. They tried to be affable.

I would rather have Larry Hogan in the Senate, but if he's going to act like a Democrat then it's all moot.

In today's political landscape, it's hard for moderates to be America First because, by nature, the don't want to ruffle the feathers of the other side. Ironically enough, the other side has devolved from ruffling feathers into trying to destroy their political opponents for generations.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

You'd need to go through voting records to demonstrate your point, and prove that these "moderate" (in your words) republicans are voting for policies that advance our interests.

Top Bottom