Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Originally Posted by mrjarrell
    Well, with me he was trending in the direction of getting a vote, if he continued as he was. But, he decided to pander to the worst group of voters out there and threw his weight behind the war on drugs, instead of against it, as he should have done, if he were actually a liberty candidate. The war on drugs has destroyed the Constitution in this country and he apparently doesn't care very much, if he gets the evangelical vote. He can have 'em. Goldwater warned the gop about those people, but they wouldn't listen and now they're paying the price for it.

Indeed...:rofl:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    he gave up a small amount of voters and assured a very large number of voters that he agrees with them. didn't see that one coming....

The war on drugs is very vague. I am for some of it and against some of it. What does that even mean?

as for most of the posts: blah blah blah. Same old INGO junk. "If he doesn't agree with me 100% I can't vote for him even if he agrees with me 90% and the other guy doesn't agree with me at all." Its like 2nd grade all over again.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So he gave up the group that can amass an entire .99% of the popular vote in the last election, to court the votes of what (according to HuffPo) constitutes half of the Republican primary voters... wow, he must be nuts.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So he gave up the group that can amass an entire .99% of the popular vote in the last election, to court the votes of what (according to HuffPo) constitutes half of the Republican primary voters... wow, he must be nuts.

Naw. It's just that he wasn't taught math under the Common Core standards.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    he gave up a small amount of voters and assured a very large number of voters that he agrees with them. didn't see that one coming....

The war on drugs is very vague. I am for some of it and against some of it. What does that even mean?

as for most of the posts: blah blah blah. Same old INGO junk. "If he doesn't agree with me 100% I can't vote for him even if he agrees with me 90% and the other guy doesn't agree with me at all." Its like 2nd grade all over again.

Now a war on illegal immigration, that I could get behind. Many drugs do have a deleterious effect on society. Addictions make people unable to work and destroy families and lives. Marijuana impairs judgement and reaction time and makes the user unfit for some employment opportunities. Someone generally decides that those affected by addiction need saved from themselves.

I'm all for those people who decide to help addicts paying for their own decision to help. I'm also for the people who decide to use drugs and become addicts being disallowed from leaching off the social welfare system. You can be free to choose the problem if I'm free to choose not to pay for your solution. And get off my lawn.:twocents:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I will say that Rand is more representative of what I'm looking for when I vote than what Obamney could have every even pretended to be.

There is a stark contrast in "anything but Obama" and not agreeing with Senator Paul on a handful of issues.

However, the more types of incidents like this, the more likely I toss him in the trash bin with the rest... As of right now, I hope he runs and wins the primary.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    A vote for Rand is not a compromise. In a compromise you give something up and get something back. With Paul, we give up NOTHING as far as rights we already have, and we get SOME of what we want, and head toward the right direction. I'll take Rand Paul for the win!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Anyone who insists their pols be Simon-pure ideologically might as well give up on politics.

And when the conversation goes to "war on drugs", are we talking about all drugs, or only cannabis. It seems this term can mean different things to different people.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, if I understood your post, overall the Democrats are a better fit for you than any other party, even though they've declared war on gun ownership in this country. And you proudly proclaim that on a gun forum?

I vote for candidates, not against candidates; and my "one reason" for voting is liberty.

I guess that's not important enough for you.

visit theliberalgunclub.com, there are lots of liberal gun owners. So you are satisfied that the Republicans are FOR freedom? Sure, they will let us have guns (although there are so many that are anti-gun) all the while they fully support the Patriot Act, TSA activities, bailing out failing banks, etc. But those are OK since we get guns...wooohooo!!! Yup, NOTHING like the Dems....hahaha

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    visit theliberalgunclub.com, there are lots of liberal gun owners. So you are satisfied that the Republicans are FOR freedom? Sure, they will let us have guns (although there are so many that are anti-gun) all the while they fully support the Patriot Act, TSA activities, bailing out failing banks, etc. But those are OK since we get guns...wooohooo!!! Yup, NOTHING like the Dems....hahaha

Uh.... No.

Methinks you haven't kept up with my posting history if you think I believe the Republicans are FOR FREEDOM. I don't believe that at all. Not even remotely. And I sure as hell won't vote for either the (D) OR the (R). They've both sold us out.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    If you think that we will reverse the damage done to personal liberty with one election - you're suffering delusions of grandeur. The candidate with the best platform and track record will get my vote.

Bush Sr, Clinton, Dubya, McCain, Obama, Romney, Hillary.......and you're caterwauling over Rand not busting up LE's honeypot/legislation of morality.... overnight? He's still head and shoulders above every other candidate I've seen.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    That is brilliant. What else can we prohibit, on the off chance of catching a few actual criminals while we are oppressing the populace? What a fantastic outlook. We could just go ahead and prohibit handguns. That would land all sorts of criminals in jail. Win win.

Seems they really didn't need anything else. It worked.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Going to have to ask you to show your work on this one. Do you mean criminals were criminals in your case? Or do you mean an otherwise law abbiding person smoked some pot and became a criminal?

I guess I'd have to consider people who broke into my house and stole my guns to be criminals. Crazy, I know. I don't know where I picked up my jack booted thug ideology to even have such a thought.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am a one-issue voter. Liberty :D

We all say that the gun grabbers aren't compromising when they chip away at what they want incrementally. Not going for everything all at once is not compromising. When you have a plurality of opposing views, it's a useful strategy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    They did get Al Capone on tax evasion.

I regret attempting to have a rational discussion with you.

We all say that the gun grabbers aren't compromising when they chip away at what they want incrementally. Not going for everything all at once is not compromising. When you have a plurality of opposing views, it's a useful strategy.

I actually do agree with you. I've said before, the Republicans could get my vote if they would put up a candidate who I thought would try to advance liberty overall, even a little bit. It's been a long time since they nominated one. Romney didn't cut it. They've all been statists, at heart.

I do have to wonder just how much Rand really cares about liberty if he doesn't even support marijuana legalization. But, like I said, I haven't ruled him out completely yet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom