And Now They Come For Paint. Yes, Even Paint Is Not Safe from The Leftists…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    And it's as you might expect...
    From TFA said:
    Does it surprise anyone that the Majority Leader of the Minnesota State Senate, Sen. Erin Murphy (D-64), is married to a man who owns a painting business?

According to her campaign website, Erin’s husband, Joe Faust, “owns and runs a painting business.” So, Erin pushes a bill to make unlicensed painting practically illegal and it just so happens that her husband owns a painting business that would absolutely benefit if the bill becomes law.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    About 15 yrs ago, Maryland banned sales of lacquer based paint to the public unless you have a paint booth to shoot it in. I used a few gallons a week that I bought through my local Sherwin Williams.
    After the law change once every few months, I drove over the Potomac River bridge into VA and picked it up.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sure it is, in a state that just changed the state flag to resemble the Somalian flag, sure they will.

That's on them. I can promise you and everyone else walking the planet that I would never pay someone to oversee my painting abilities in my own house. Complete nonsense and anyone who abides by that law and all of them like it is a clown.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    About 15 yrs ago, Maryland banned sales of lacquer based paint to the public unless you have a paint booth to shoot it in. I used a few gallons a week that I bought through my local Sherwin Williams.
    After the law change once every few months, I drove over the Potomac River bridge into VA and picked it up.
    I bet they sprained their elbows patting themselves on the back at how effectively they dealt with the "problem". Window licking morons the lot of them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's on them. I can promise you and everyone else walking the planet that I would never pay someone to oversee my painting abilities in my own house. Complete nonsense and anyone who abides by that law and all of them like it is a clown.
    They are going to stop you from purchasing paint. And now if you have an old home painters are following the EPA recommendations and many are charging what they call EPA fees to follow the protocols for potential lead based paint. One contractor said they charge $1500 per room…

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They are going to stop you from purchasing paint. And now if you have an old home painters are following the EPA recommendations and many are charging what they call EPA fees to follow the protocols for potential lead based paint. One contractor said they charge $1500 per room…
    I'll be an outlaw painter. Shouldn't be too hard to get a few hundred thousand illegals to carry a few gallons of paint over with all of the fentanyl they're bringing along. God knows paint is the real problem.

I wonder.....Is Biden offering a reward for those who bring in fentanyl? Like, is there a CIA tent set up where they go exchange it for money after they walk across the border, receive a free phone, airline ticket, few thousand in spending money, a map of predominantly conservative areas and a "don't forget to vote democrat" sticker?

Asking for a friend.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Incredibly, for the citizens of Minnesota, it could soon be against the law to paint a wall, ceiling, or anything else for that matter inside one’s own home without a licensed painter present. And, if the bill is passed as currently written, it would be illegal for unlicensed painters to purchase solvent-based paints in quantities larger than a gallon.”

Almost sounds like Gary. Any work done on a rental property must be done by a licensed contractor. And I mean any. Heck I'm not sure a landlord can plunge a toilet or change a light bulb unless they are a licenced contractor.

That's been done for years, when I did windows and doors 10 yrs or so ago it wasn't new. IIRC it was $150 per window/door. Nice thing is that the installers got it all. For maybe an extra 10 minutes work, at the absolute most.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sounds like a leftist's wet dream.
    Supposedly it was to stop slum lords from doing shoddy, unsafe work and improve the conditions of the rental properties. All it did was pretty much put a stop to a lot of repairs. And make money for the city when the landlords went and got business licenses as contractors. Which IMO is the real reason.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Supposedly it was to stop slum lords from doing shoddy, unsafe work and improve the conditions of the rental properties. All it did was pretty much put a stop to a lot of repairs. And make money for the city when the landlords went and got business licenses as contractors. Which IMO is the real reason.
    Bingo

Top Bottom