• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pheenix42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    I honestly thought things would have settled down by now...had a clerk at a local retailer tell me a few days ago that managers are trying to place orders, but since the supply is so tight on certain calibers now they're just getting kicked out of the system.

Even as common a cartridge as .22LR!!

Any hope for the return of sanity, my friends?:runaway:

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Wal-mart in Franklin now has a 3 box limit on all ammo other then shotgun. The 22 ammo is restricted to 3 also, only thing if you can catch them there you can get 3 bricks at a time. I asked if we could make bricks out of the single boxes and they said there was a 3 box limit on those also.
    They said this was done because some guy was coming in after stocking was done and buying all the 9mm and 357 that they had.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I was out early and decided to swing by a Walmart.
    They apparently got some ammo in during the night, so I was going to buy the 22 bulk (15-20 boxes maybe) and the WM Nazi says "this is first I've gotten in in 2 weeks, could you leave some for the other customers?" "Whatever, give me 5 then."

The early bird gets the worm... or a piece of it

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    It only took me about 2 hours of reading over a year ago to see what hitler junior could do to this country, and I began stocking up then. Remember the 7 "P's" ?

proper prior planning prevents **** poor performance

Kinda like folks waiting until the snow blows to stock up for the storm.

:popcorn:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's why you have to find places other then Walmart. You may pay more, but it's that or have no ammo. I have four shops localy to choose from, so I'm not having any problems.

3whitey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    the problem at our local WM is, one of the sporting goods employees is the daughter of a local (small) bait and tackle shop. when ammo comes in guess who gets it and then he marks it up 100%

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    +1
    I have 12,000 primers and I'm still worried about running out.
    Have you seen the Powder Valley site recently? The stock is so backed up that they're not even taking backorders for more primers.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Its pretty crazy. I went out to Atterbury yeasterday, hoping to pick up some .45 on the way. Columbus WM had nothing, Atterbury had no .45, and I'm told Bloomington WM is also out.

I did manage to find some components online. I had to order brass from midway and bullets from natchez because both are sold out of nearly everything.
    I'm glad I had a few thousand primers sitting around, since those seem to be in really short supply right now.

Top Bottom