• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Facemelter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Cincinnati
    I just did alot of reading over on the forum posted on the first page here. From what I can tell,its ok to stone that edge to get the desired height in the sear stop. Ill make some phone calls tomorrow and see what every one says. Ill also place an order for a new sear,and this stupid hammer strut and pin,which I guess freakin THOR put in.Th

Thanks for your help,Ill let you know what I come up with tomorrow.

Double T.
    The height of the sear hook is what Im talking about. The hook sticks up 010. You can stone that edge down on the hammer surface at the sear hook and that will give you more height on it. I would stone the hammer surface,not the hook itself.

Last edited:

Facemelter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Cincinnati
    I could see it when I took it out of the package. Kinda had that "crap" look when I compared it next to my original hammer. I called and spoke to some one on the phone and he said we shoot for around 018-020,and if yours is 010 some thing is not right.

I just assumed it was one of those "smith fit" type things,it was not. Kinda like when you get some thing over sized and you have to massage it in.

Facemelter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Cincinnati
    Ok,Im sending this back up top. been awhile since I have posted.

I got my pistol back from the smith after having my Bo-Mar sights installed. I got a sear jig for christmas,I bought a new hammer strut and pin since mine are just about welded together on the original hammer.

My question to you all. Which stones do I buy. Brownells has a house brand 2 stone kit that they sell which isnt to bad. Or should I go with midway and order each stone individually?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Ok,Im sending this back up top. been awhile since I have posted.

I got my pistol back from the smith after having my Bo-Mar sights installed. I got a sear jig for christmas,I bought a new hammer strut and pin since mine are just about welded together on the original hammer.

My question to you all. Which stones do I buy. Brownells has a house brand 2 stone kit that they sell which isnt to bad. Or should I go with midway and order each stone individually?

Ceramic Silicon Carbide

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/52...de-sharpening-stone-square-4-x-1-4-x-1-4-fine

much better than any arkansas stone. I use the fine.

Top Bottom