• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I went today. $5 entry fee, free parking. And IMHO not worth it. Now I went for a specific reason. I wanted to see three specific guns side by side by side (Taurus 809, S&W M&P 9mm, and the S&W M&P 9mm Compact). None of the vendors had ANY of the three guns I was looking for. I did find a S&W M&P .40 Compact, and a S&W M&P .45, but no Taurus 800 series at all.

But really for $5 I don't think it was worth it at all. I think the Indy 1500 is only $8 to get in (plus parking), and the Anderson show was actually worth far less than half the Indy 1500. I could've easily made better use of my $5 to buy ammo and just go to the range on this beautiful day.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    ...the Anderson show was actually worth far less than half the Indy 1500. I could've easily made better use of my $5 to buy ammo and just go to the range on this beautiful day.

IMHO, that's true of most shows, sometimes including the 1500.

Personally, I prefer going to the local shops where you have room to breathe and can take your time, and ultimately you are supporting the folks who are here whenever you want to buy something.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    The problem I've been having with the local (and not so local) shops is that they don't have those three guns in stock. In fact I haven't found a Taurus 809 yet. Everywhere I go, no one even seems to know what I'm talking about, then try to show me a 709 slim. I understand their confusion based on model numbers, and assumptions that they would be similar, but they're just not. They're two very different guns.

I went to the show about 3 o'clock and really the crowd wasn't bad at all. People to talk to, room to get around a look at stuff. They just didn't have any of the stuff I wanted to look at.

Top Bottom