• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hope this idiot doesn't have a LTCH. It just makes us all look bad.

The story states that the man with the gun is from Anderson and is named Perrin Dobyns. That name is not very common and when I Googled his name I got:

Dr. Perrin T. Dobyns of Anderson, IN. That link is from Healthgrades.com where they rate doctors and report on their transgressions. I do not know if these are the same men but the Dr. has had some problems in North Carolina and in Indiana.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    WOW!!

I drive a lot for my job, 50K to 60K a year. Never seen anything like that.

Gotta wonder why the guy with the camera felt it was necessary to pull next to him. Seems like video through the windshield would have been better.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I hope this idiot doesn't have a LTCH. It just makes us all look bad.

The story states that the man with the gun is from Anderson and is named Perrin Dobyns. That name is not very common and when I Googled his name I got:

Dr. Perrin T. Dobyns of Anderson, IN. That link is from Healthgrades.com where they rate doctors and report on their transgressions. I do not know if these are the same men but the Dr. has had some problems in North Carolina and in Indiana.

If the same Dr., appears to have issues with "medications". Not sure he still doesn't.

I would have went with getting a plate # ... taking video while driving is as unsafe as texting.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    While I think Dr. Dobyns was acting foolishly and deserves to be charged for his recklessness, I wonder if he thought that the man filming him was in turn pointing a gun at HIM? For those of us who carry in our cars, how many of us would go on red alert someone were to suddenly pull up next us and begin pointing some sort of device in our general direction? While I certainly could not ever agree with the good doctor's actions, I can understand them provided are aren't other issues going on in his head.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I wonder if he thought that the man filming him was in turn pointing a gun at HIM?

Not sure whether we'll ever know. But I can tell you if someone points a gun at me, I definitely would not keep driving at the same speed alongside him. You can't go "toe to toe" with guns.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Not sure whether we'll ever know. But I can tell you if someone points a gun at me, I definitely would not keep driving at the same speed alongside him. You can't go "toe to toe" with guns.

Oh, I agree. If I had been in doctor's position, I would have changed speed quickly to get away.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks like the RTV6 story was recently edited to state that Perrin is from Corydon, IN. Not that it makes much difference.

Just for the record, I did not state that the person arrested for the road rage incident is the same person as the doctor. I do think it is very possible given the name and location.

I have had a hand gun pointed at me while driving. Believe me, you will know for sure if you are looking down the barrel of a gun.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have had a hand gun pointed at me while driving. Believe me, you will know for sure if you are looking down the barrel of a gun.

Ditto...15 years ago while I was living in Indy...and I didn't stick around beside him long enough to give him a chance to use it! I hit the brakes and ducked in behind him...giving him no opportunity to use it!

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Ditto...15 years ago while I was living in Indy...and I didn't stick around beside him long enough to give him a chance to use it! I hit the brakes and ducked in behind him...giving him LESS opportunity to use it!

FIFY (I believe crazy people might not worry about shooting behind them ! I would "Exit Stage Left"....or Right.... ASAP)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While I think Dr. Dobyns was acting foolishly and deserves to be charged for his recklessness, I wonder if he thought that the man filming him was in turn pointing a gun at HIM? For those of us who carry in our cars, how many of us would go on red alert someone were to suddenly pull up next us and begin pointing some sort of device in our general direction? While I certainly could not ever agree with the good doctor's actions, I can understand them provided are aren't other issues going on in his head.

If you cant tell the difference between a gun and a camera at 15', you probably dont have good enough eyesight to be behind the wheel.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Looks like the RTV6 story was recently edited to state that Perrin is from Corydon, IN. Not that it makes much difference.

Just for the record, I did not state that the person arrested for the road rage incident is the same person as the doctor. I do think it is very possible given the name and location.

I'd say you made a good guess.
    RTV6 - Doctor suspended after alleged extreme road-rage incident in Kentucky - Local Story

Top Bottom