• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Does any else notice all the big names saying no....Arron Rodgers, clay mathews, Tom Brady and a raft of others have said "Nope, aint doin' it".

Its one thing for the fans to ignore/boycott that uselss thing...but when the players start?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Gotta keep the public interested during the 2 week wait for the SB. After a long season, I would take the honor, but pass on the game.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    Seems to be its a pretty big risk to play in it anymore. I cant even remember the last time I watched it. But still, its great to see Luck get rewarded for a great season.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Does any else notice all the big names saying no....Arron Rodgers, clay mathews, Tom Brady and a raft of others have said "Nope, aint doin' it".

Its one thing for the fans to ignore/boycott that uselss thing...but when the players start?

I think it would mean a lot more if fan voting was done away with, at least for positions other than QB, WR, TE, and HB.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    They talked about it before but I think they just need to get rid of the Pro Bowl all together. With it being before the SB that means players in the SB won't be there and usually players from the teams just knocked out don't wanna play so what's the point? It's a joke of a game like the NBA All-Star game so just ditch it all together.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I attended the '86 and '87 Pro Bowls in person - back then at least, it was a big deal for all of the military and dependents in Hawaii - and between Pearl Harbor, Hickam, Schofield Barracks, Barbers Point, Sand Island, Wheeler and Kaneohe, that was a ton.
    Everybody would wear their team swag and go to the game. During the week before the game, the players would usually come do 'meet and greets' at many of the bases. I met Dan Fouts and got a picture with him one year.

I can see the game itself being skipped, but they ought to still go out there and do activities with the military. It's a big morale boost for the troops. :patriot:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I too think the Pro Bowl should be eighty sixed, but I think the players who go have respect for the game and institutions. Those who refuse to go would appear to be self-centered, selfish and in the sport for their personal gain only.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Congrats to Luck. Yeah, the game is pointless but it just shows that Brady is a p***y who needs to put his big girl panties on and get over the fact that his team got beat. Seriously, the Pro Bowl has enough rules to protect the QB that the worst he might suffer is a broken nail.

At least when Luck runs he doesn't kick his leg up against the other team.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I too think the Pro Bowl should be eighty sixed, but I think the players who go have respect for the game and institutions. Those who refuse to go would appear to be self-centered, selfish and in the sport for their personal gain only.

Until he ruins his career in an utterly pointless game, that is. I can appreciate wanting to enjoy full use of one's limbs: playing a game for other's entertainment for no reason other than that the game exists at risk to my limbs seems kinda stupid to me.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Get rid of the Pro Bowl as a football game and make it a skills challenge. No one can get hurt like a real game but players can show off their skills.

THIS! I remember when the NFL had the quarterback challenge. I really enjoyed watching them showcase their skill-sets. Oh well.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Until he ruins his career in an utterly pointless game, that is. I can appreciate wanting to enjoy full use of one's limbs: playing a game for other's entertainment for no reason other than that the game exists at risk to my limbs seems kinda stupid to me.
    Having watched a few Pro Bowls in recent years, it seems like there is little chance of an injury, especially to a quarterback. It's not like they are hitting as hard as they can. Also, it's not like they don't get paid to play in the Pro Bowl.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom