• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Today I saw two cars, a Volvo and a Subaru with anti O stickers. One also had the rainbow sticker and the other had the equal sign sticker, so I feel safe on saying they a liberals...........

Picture the Obama symbol in the word "douche"

This is the website that is selling them....Obama Douche Sticker Bumper Sticker from Zazzle.com

Ok, I'll bite. What does the " = " sign mean?

I thought I had been [strike]subjected[/strike] [strike]exposed[/strike] enlightened to just about every colored ribbon and symbol out there, but that one doesn't ring a bell...

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    05%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Equality. Folks who believe everyone should be treated equally. Radical idea, I know.

I'm not sure I'm on board with this. Philosophically I fully believe that all persons are created equal (so far as inalienable rights go; I'd never be so naive as to believe that everyone is ACTUALLY created equal...the bell curve and simple observation illustrates otherwise), but there sure are a bunch of douche bags who, through their own efforts, deserve to be treated as the :poop: they prove themselves to be later in life. The thought is appealing, though. Is that what the "=" really is supposed to represent, or is it code-speak for some particular cause or movement that feels they are being treated unfairly in today's society?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I'm not sure I'm on board with this. Philosophically I fully believe that all persons are created equal (so far as inalienable rights go; I'd never be so naive as to believe that everyone is ACTUALLY created equal...the bell curve and simple observation illustrates otherwise), but there sure are a bunch of douche bags who, through their own efforts, deserve to be treated as the :poop: they prove themselves to be later in life. The thought is appealing, though. Is that what the "=" really is supposed to represent, or is it code-speak for some particular cause or movement that feels they are being treated unfairly in today's society?

We are all created equal. After we get created some folks just can't resist being a screwup. ;)

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Ah Eddie, you said it before me.
    God creates everyone equal. When we are born, we are a blank slate. It's the way we are (or aren't) raised and the choices we make that make us unequal.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    If you really think about it, everyone is a conservative. They just draw their line of what conservative is in a different place.

At one point everything from long hair, rock and roll, and tattoos have been taboo. Now its homosexuality. Tomorrow, who knows, pedophiles and cannibalism. Its all about where you draw your line.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    If you really think about it, everyone is a conservative. They just draw their line of what conservative is in a different place.

At one point everything from long hair, rock and roll, and tattoos have been taboo. Now its homosexuality. Tomorrow, who knows, pedophiles and cannibalism. Its all about where you draw your line.
    Shhh you're going to make someone mad by calling them liberal. Their brains are liable to esplode.

I didn't know equality was a liberal idea. Does that mean conservatives are out to kill everyone? Figures since they love guns so much.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So do they believe we are all equal except for that one douche?

I have no idea what "they" believe. I didn't click on Longbow's link because I find such things tedious. I'm just answering the other question asked. I don't believe that everyone is equal either, but I think that we all deserve equal treatment under the eyes of the law and the general society. I'm not afraid to express that sentiment either. I can think someone is a "douche" but still want them to receive fair treatment. I can think someone is a criminal and still want them to receive a fair trial. I can think someones religious beliefs are pretty obnoxious and still want them to be able to worship. And before the inevitable infantile cries of "why should THEY receive special treatment" that usually result from these discussions, I believe that Pastor Neimoller's famous quote expresses my views on the matter pretty well.

Last edited:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The rainbow and = have traditionally been used by the gay rights movement. Typically, that cause has been championed by the Liberals. I believe that, plus being in Bloomington and on brands of car that seem to be favorites of Liberals around here, is how the OP came to that conclusion.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They are angry with the great O because he has not gone far enough with his policies.

Also, any continuation or failure to end some of the Bush era policies from the big O are making them feel betrayed.

Still in iraq and stan, gitmo still open, etc.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They are angry with the great O because he has not gone far enough with his policies.

Also, any continuation or failure to end some of the Bush era policies from the big O are making them feel betrayed.

Still in iraq and stan, gitmo still open, etc.

Obaba's learning it's easier to aggitate than govern.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Obaba's learning it's easier to aggitate than govern.
    While I didn't agree with some of what Dick Cheney wrote/said the other day, I did agree with him on that - that "O" is finding out that some of what GWB did and some of the policies he implemented were the right thing, even if they were unpopular with those not sitting in the chair in the Oval Office. That it's a lot easier to sit in the Senate and pick nits than to be the one in the hot seat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, I'll bite. What does the " = " sign mean?

I thought I had been [strike]subjected[/strike] [strike]exposed[/strike] enlightened to just about every colored ribbon and symbol out there, but that one doesn't ring a bell...

Yes, it means "equality," but it is used by gays almost exclusively (replaced the rainbow).

Top Bottom