• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wireframe animations of machines in action.

How a Handgun Works: 1911 .45 - Animagraffs

Also available are a jet engine, car engine, and a KILL IT WITH FIR— uh, Tarantula, for some inexplicable reason.

This seems like a pretty nifty primer for anyone actually interested in learning how a handgun of any design works. Perhaps even journalists could understand it. That might be a bit of a stretch, though.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Cathy. Thanks for sharing. I bookmarked it for later refrence. I wonder if they use annimations like that in the military these days. When I was in, all we had were "Field Manuals" with a few basic drawings. I carried a 1911 as an officer, but had nowhere near the appreciation for them like I do today. Most of the guys I knew could ot hit the side of a barn with one and we only fired a magazine or two every few years for familiarization. At least I grew up shooting .22 pistols so I did a little better. I wish I had that 1911 I carried. I never did get one of the new Barettas. Thanks to INGO, my interest has grown and I own a couple now. I sleep well at night with a 1911 by my side.

Top Bottom