• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Make friends with a vet.... a) they're generally reasonable people b) they don't go to see an M.D. for themselves unless it's REALLY bad. I'm obviously not one but I worked my way through college at a Vet clinic. Let's just say that no one at the clinic ever went to the Pharmacy downtown...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Freinds in the fish tank business. They seem to use the anti's themselves as well as on the fish. I believe they are limited in the amount the can get at a time.

PS went working in nasty fish tanks there tends to be lots of stuff they need the anti's for. I mean fish do not have bathrooms so to speak.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I saw that to and I was amazed. That is really efficient prepping on that guys part. Truck that runs on used motor oil as well. Genius.

Those are a good idea, as long as you're the only guy doing it. When you figure that a truck only runs through 4 gallons of oil in 3-5 months, your fuel supply becomes very limited.

It's also curious that 4 gallons if diesel is about $16, but 4 gallons of oil that is used to make the diesel will run you $60.

Same thing for used veg oil.

Our McD's only ran through about 4 gallons of oil a month (more or less). That won't get you very far in a truck.

It's a good capability to have in a pinch, that's for sure.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Make friends with a vet.... a) they're generally reasonable people b) they don't go to see an M.D. for themselves unless it's REALLY bad. I'm obviously not one but I worked my way through college at a Vet clinic. Let's just say that no one at the clinic ever went to the Pharmacy downtown...

It is illegal for Vets to prescribe medicine to humans. I am not saying it doesn't happen...just saying.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just a word of warning. Any meds that you buy online may or may not be actual medication. Pet meds, and even people meds that you can "import" from Canada sometimes are just placebo in really convincing packaging.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

lol, my parents and my sister are all Vets (yeah, I know, whats wrong with me!), and the above is true. Ive been taking animal meds all my life. ;)

same drugs, from the same manufacturers.

the only thing I have no experience with is fish meds. Completely different 'animal' from what Ive seen.

tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Antibiotics And Their Use in Collapse Medicine(tm), Part 1 | Doom and Bloom (TM)

This post has a lot of good information in it. There are many different types of antibiotics, there is not one antibiotic that is the best for every situation. You really need to do some home work, and educate your self about how antibiotics work and what antibiotics work best for what situation. ESPECIALLY if some one that you may be providing care to has an allergic reaction to something that you give them. How would you handle an allergic reaction if it did occur? Again educate yourself so that you are prepared.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The primary reason ppl use and stock animal meds is because you need no prescription to buy them, secondary is the cost. The primary and secondary reasons are also interchangeable;) A guy I used to know in MN worked at a warehouse that supplied animal meds to vets and co-ops, he would bring home cases of ketamin to sell at "raves". He didn't steal them, he bought them, due to the fact that they were animal meds he could. As long as he lied about what it was for, he was allowed. Seems sort of silly to me, but I do see the value of this info as a prepper.

Top Bottom