• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Does anyone here carry an SP101 on the ankle? I prefer IWB or in the pocket but am considering picking up an ankle holster for those certain times you need your firearm to be 100% not a worry in your mind concealed (no shirt rising, getting bumped into, patted down, hugs:):, knocking the grip on a chair or wall:cool:, etc etc)

The SP101 is no LCR when it comes to weight but is still decently small.....I think it would be alright as long as I don't need to sprint anywhere!

What do you use? Do you enjoy it? When do you find yourself carrying on the ankle? Are you also carrying another weapon?

Thanks guys!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I've used a Galco ankle rig in the past to carry a lightweight revolver, took a little getting used to but was nice in certain situations, need to get one for my LCR

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    i have searched for a suitable ankle rig for a long time and could not find one that worked well for me. I have a rig that i fabricated from a MUELLER Neoprene knee brace and an uncle mikes inside the pant holster. it works very well.
    I carry on the ane when i go to an event or public gathering where i cannot wear loose clothing. also, my pistol carries about mid-calf with my ankle holster design. if you dont want it to show through your pantleg, something has to take away the definition of the gun to make it look rounded like your leg

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I thought SP was too heavy and bulky for that my SW ultra worked.

Figured it might be, I can't decide if I should fork out the money for an ankle holster to try it out or just say screw it and get a lighter gun at some point.

Thanks for the responses, anyone else have any comments?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Figured it might be, I can't decide if I should fork out the money for an ankle holster to try it out or just say screw it and get a lighter gun at some point.

Thanks for the responses, anyone else have any comments?

I have a DeSantis for my airweight, works well, and is inexpensive.

I have a buddy who has a Kramer (sp?), it is a nice rig, and caries the weight of his 629, but the rig cost him almost $300, and at that point, you will probably go gun shopping. For the record, his holster is 5 years ols and still works like new.

latj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I tried several times to find an ankle holster for my 642 and just couldn't get comfortable. Just stayed with the pocket holster for me....what it's worth I have skinny ankles lol:dunno:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I used to in a Galco Ankle Glove, even with the calf strap it was heavy. When I bought a stick shift it was like working out. I switched to a S&W 642, night and day difference, I forget it is even there. I miss my 101 though as that thing was a shooter. :(

Top Bottom