• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have been trying to find an effective ankle holster for a long time now for my keltec p-11 9mm.
    I fabricated one from a Mueller Neoprene Knee brace and an unkle mikes inside the pant holster. It works great! I just wanted to post the idea.

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    I have one. Not my preferred mode of carry--but has it's place. The ankle's a lot like the wrist. Lots of tendons and nerves running very close to the skin and right on top of bone. A very mobile joint, too. I've encountered problems with pressure irritation (numb foot)--even with a very well-made holster. There are constraints to size of the firearm, the mechanics of the draw, etc.

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    inside leg for me. my rig ends up about the middle of my calf a bit towards the back. i usually wear red wing pull-on style boors that cradles it nicely and works really well for me. i have also perfected drawing from it quickly. i will post some pics when i learn more about how. do i have to have a photo bucket type account to post pictures?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Been carrying a J frame in a Galco Ankle Glove for the past nine or ten years now. Not the most accessible but definitely the most comfortable mode of carry for me personally. I'm right handed so it rides on the inside of my left ankle.
    IMG_1629_3.jpg

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My wife will carry her 642 in an older Safariland ankle holster from time to time. Mostly in warm weather when she doesn't want to or can't have a purse.

She usually carries her gun in a concealment purse or IWB.She will tell you ankle carry is the least comfortable way for her to carry.

Chris08110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have one but it stays in the drawer most of the time. I find it hard to move naturally when walking. That on top of the usual hard to draw quickly, etc. Maybe I would get over that if I used it more.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Galco Ankle Glove. Money well spent in the long run. Ankle carry is just another option.

Top Bottom