• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes....Very easy to do believe it or not...I used to do it with a Lyman's Great Plains Rifle in my late teens at 20 yards with boring regularity....

The true way to ask the question (keep in mind the words "trick shot") is this....Can you hit inside an inch at 20 yards? If so you can split a card in half....I was shooting a 50 caliber ball so I had one inch of windage leeway and about two inches of height leeway on every shot....

It was fun to hear people clap and cheer at muzzleloader shoots when you point out you just "Hit a target the same width as a frog's hair...Thanks folks...I am here all week...."

You aim at the card and move your sights until the card disappears and then squeeze the trigger at that moment..."BOOM" and the top half of the card goes sailing into space and the crowd goes wild....

Ofcourse she looks alot better than I ever did doing it.....;)

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    We usually have a card shoot or two every year during our black powder shoots. Cards get cut pretty regularly. I have seen a friend cut one with a .32 caliber muzzle loader.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    uh yeah so you both ^^can shoot a playing card in half... but are you as cute as she is when you are doing it?

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son at 8 years old.
    ellisshooting007.jpg

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    A couple of us did it a month or so back up at ECPR, .22 cal pistols, 7 yds, open sights, offhand. The first was on the 2nd shot, the most shots taken was 6 or 7.

Top Bottom