• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    CM- we must be crotchety old geezers! Here is my list of pet peeves at the gas stations: 1.No paper in the pump so I have to go inside to get a receipt. 2. People in line buying a boat load of lottery tickets. 3. Slooow pumps. 4. People who park at pump then go inside to buy out the store (or lottery tickets) blocking my access to a pump. 5. Stupid TV blaring while I am pumping the slooow pump. 6. Poorly designed access to pumps, it's difficult to get into station or pumps with my big dog PU. 7. Excessive lighting on lot- it is like day light at some of those places (and our Govmt is mandating us to save energy!)

Who comes up with this stuff and why do they think I want to listen to a blaring TV while being blinded by the light at a slooow gas pump? Rant is over.

How about returning to the days when you ran over the hose in the drive way, ringing the bell, and a goofy kid in a uniform came out and pumped the gas while you sat in the car. If you wanted a coke or a pack of smokes, he ran into the house and got them for you. You flipped a $20 to him and most of the time even the high school drop outs could make change, WITHOUT A COMPUTER register!

I remember when they started the self serve islands, and people in nice clothes were willing to pump their own gas to save 2 penny's a gallon. I confess my underestimation of marketing, I never thought self pumping would catch on.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How about returning to the days when you ran over the hose in the drive way, ringing the bell, and a goofy kid in a uniform came out and pumped the gas while you sat in the car. If you wanted a coke or a pack of smokes, he ran into the house and got them for you. You flipped a $20 to him and most of the time even the high school drop outs could make change, WITHOUT A COMPUTER register!

I remember when they started the self serve islands, and people in nice clothes were willing to pump their own gas to save 2 penny's a gallon. I confess my underestimation of marketing, I never thought self pumping would catch on.
    There's two states that you'd enjoy living in... OK, one.

The local chain put all these annoying speakers that starting shouting as soon as you started pumping, "Hi! I'm John Lassus..."

:xmad:

I used to carry a roll of scotch tape - just three stealthy strips muted the volume to an acceptable level. I assume the following users appreciated my work.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Kroger near us doesn't have the TV part, but is does ask a lot of questions, and beeps incessantly.

That said, after 20+ years of marriage, I could probably tune out a rocket launch. Ignoring a gas pump TV is trivial.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Kroger near us doesn't have the TV part, but is does ask a lot of questions, and beeps incessantly.

That said, after 20+ years of marriage, I could probably tune out a rocket launch. Ignoring a gas pump TV is trivial.

What really annoys me is when I am there with the fam and trying to communicate with them while I pump. Our "dont laugh its paid for" van has vent tube issues so we have to fill it slow and communicate during the fill. (did it stop because I pumped too fast or because the gauge says it is full?) Its a PITA to do that when Robin Meade wont shut up about some news story. (Though I could look at her all day :naughty:)

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana

On this note, anyone remember Dick's 'Gas A GoGo'? (yes that was it's real name). Full service, with bikini clad females? Didn't work out so good in winter.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Ignoring things gets easier as you get old, then people just assume you can't hear well.;)

Top Bottom