• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    What is with these retards? I just had a buddy called me to tell me that the UPS store in Camby, just down the road from Bradis, will not ship a MEGA monolithic upper for him. We are talking just the upper. No barrel, no nothing. He explained that it was not a firearm, nor could it be made into one without a large list of other parts, and that it was no more dangerous than a piece of pipe would be. The lady made a few calls and confirmed that shipping a rail (what he told her it essentially was) for a firearm was not allowed.

He asked he how exactly it was shipped to him via UPS if that was the case. She said firearm parts have to come from a FFL?!

What is with these people. Its like if they even get a whiff of the word firearm they go into shutdown mode and refuse to make a logical decision. Do they not know their own companies rules?

I have only had one problem with UPS concerning firearms, but it was a huge, messy ordeal. Im sure my buddy will be along shortly to answer any questions or just add to the thread.

This **** kills me.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Anytime I've shipped parts, I package it all up myself and tape up the box. I bring said box into the UPS store and tell them where it needs to go and how soon it needs to get there. Beyond that, there's nothing else they need to know. This avoids all of the silly questions, calls and delays. YMMV.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...the UPS store in Camby, just down the road from Bradis, will not **** a MEGA monolithic upper for him.

I would not **** a monolithic upper for him either. Sounds painful. :):

But I agree, if they refused to ship it, they are obviously clueless regarding their own business.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yep UPS is like that. The local UPS stores even have rules that won't allow any thing that could be related to firearms. Not even parts like grips and things.

I was selling a rifle scope one time and I took it just down the street about a mile from my house and they would'nt let me ship it. They said "Oh no, we can't accept that. You have to take it to a UPS hub." :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've frequently shipped optics, stocks, and barrels via the UPS store at 106th and Michigan-ish, without ANY problem. Most of the time without any packing material at all.

I'm reasonably certain they don't mind screwing me on the packing materials.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another possibly moot point: UPS stores are franchises. Each owner can have his or her own rules about what they will or will not accept for shipping (provided what they allow doesn't interfere with federal statutes)

-J-

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    My buddy that had the problems is an intelligent guy and understands that firearms community hate. He mentioned that he would have packaged it prior to going, but he needed an odd shaped box and decided to just get it while he was there.

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    I have never had a problem with UPS or a UPS store shipping guns. I have sent and received several muzzleloaders and centerfire rifles through them. Last C&R purchase I made the delivery driver asked me what type of gun it was.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've frequently shipped optics, stocks, and barrels via the UPS store at 106th and Michigan-ish, without ANY problem. Most of the time without any packing material at all.

I'm reasonably certain they don't mind screwing me on the packing materials.

Another possibly moot point: UPS stores are franchises. Each owner can have his or her own rules about what they will or will not accept for shipping (provided what they allow doesn't interfere with federal statutes)

-J-
    Yeah you could be right. Anyway that's the way my Local UPS store operates. Needless to say I was kinda ticked off. I gave the buyer the option of how they wanted it shipped on their dime and they said UPS so I figured no sweat since there is a store less than 5 mins. away. I ended up having to make a 20 min. trip to the nearest UPS hub.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I just came across this and had to comment. EVERY UPS store/DC I've come across makes up their own rules and barely any of them understand their own policy on shipping firearms and ammo. I had to have their hazmat people physically call a shipping center and explain to the manager that it was UPS policy to take those items. Every single one is different. Find another way to ship it.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence

-J-

Maybe time for a Group Buy or at least a sticky on gun friendly UPS Stores.:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, I box it up at home and print a shipping label from UPS.com. All I do is drop the package off at the UPS Store, not a question asked. I have shipped many a gun part that way...even a few AK kits.

IndyRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yep, I was that guy that SocoMike is referring to. Went there and contemplated telling them what it was as I laid the monolithic upper and barrel nut/wrench on the table. As soon as I said it, I got this look from two 20-something females.....at that point I knew it was all over.

I needed the box anyway so I picked it up with some peanuts, boxed it and then took it to another UPS and called it "machine tools". They asked what that was and I said aluminum and steel parts. I don't understand why these counter workers have become so nosy when it comes to what you ship. All they need to ask is what the USPS asks...is it liquid, fragile, hazardous or perishable. Thats it....

The funny part about the ordeal with the bimbos at UPS was that they told me that they can ship BB guns as long as it was shipped by an adult...I should have told them it was BB gun parts...

Top Bottom