• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Sometimes you just buy a gun because it's a good deal, not because you need it for your collection, case in point, a 55/56 letter series SKS. Now last fall I stumbled upon a very nice one at a local po-dunk gun show for a bargian and gobbled it up.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/244050-some-times-pays-lazy.html

Now I like SKS's but with a Chinese Type 56 & D model, a Yugo M59 & M59/66A, an Albanian, and the above Russian I really felt no need to aquire another, but like I said a good deal is hard to pass up. I stopped by my LGS today just as a gentleman was trading this gem in on a used Ruger P95. My LGS let me have this lightly refurb-ed, stamped matching, laminated stock, letter series for $300.00 along with the chinese chest rig filled with 200 rounds of chinese copper washed 7.63x39 ammo. I am not sure what I will do with this one but my wife has expressed a desire to have an SKS to go along with her VZ 52 so I might have just got a head start on my christmas shopping....(for a change) :lol:

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Miller, once again your at the right place at the right Tyme!! I think these guns find you, not you finding them. She's a nice one:cheers:

triggerhappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Wow! Right place, right time! I'd probably have just spent my last dime when the guy walked in.

Since you've owned several makes of SKS have you noticed a difference in accuracy? Feeding?
    I have owned 3 norinco made all Chinese mil surplus, and 2 Russian made like the one you just got. I found the accuracy was better with the Chinese made rifles I owned and could not get the Russian guns to feed hollow points at all when 2 of the Chinese made SKS's I had would feed them flawless and one would occasionaly jam.

Top Bottom