• ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    20151116_160347 (Medium).jpg

Tell your wife that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having more than one M64. If that doesn't work, gift one to her(maintaining it of course and occasionally checking it for function/accuracy)and keep the other for yourself.

The money you would spend on wearing out an M64 with +P ammo would be enough to purchase 75 more M64's. Don't even worry about it. +P is a marketing ploy,......it doesn't mean anything to a modern revolver. Might be a factor in an alloy frame five-shooter but not in an M64 which is a magnum except in cylinder length.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do both the 64s have the "Hillary Hole" lock?

7H8XqBOl.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Very nice! I'd like to have one of those in my collection.

1. I'll be selling one of these, not keeping both: $400
    2. Probably sell the 64-7, but not sure yet until I take both to the range, but I'm sure I won't be able to tell any difference, even with the Hogue grips on the 64-7.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 58982

Tell your wife that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having more than one M64. If that doesn't work, gift one to her(maintaining it of course and occasionally checking it for function/accuracy)and keep the other for yourself.

The money you would spend on wearing out an M64 with +P ammo would be enough to purchase 75 more M64's. Don't even worry about it. +P is a marketing ploy,......it doesn't mean anything to a modern revolver. Might be a factor in an alloy frame five-shooter but not in an M64 which is a magnum except in cylinder length.

1. I have wanted take her to the range to shoot the Ruger GP 100 .22
    2. She was quite good when first married with shooting a 22 Army Luger that I wish I'd never sold ($25). It was deadly accurate.
    3. No way she'd go to the range now, and less chance of shooting a 38.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, this was range day with my son in law from TN.
    We both shot the two Smith .38 caliber 64 models and neither one of us could tell a difference between them.
    The Hogue grips on the 64-7 didn't seem to be any different in recoil than the 64-8 with the OEM grips, so which one I sell is a flip of the coin, or perhaps I'll just let the buyer choose whichever they want.

Top Bottom