• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I don't think so, once the Govt. picks them up the market will be flooded with AR's and demilled M16's.

And there isn't any in common usage yet. The Military is looking for a substantial leap forward to justify the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it would take for the change over, and so far nothing as proven itself that "substantial leap forward".

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    And there isn't any in common usage yet. The Military is looking for a substantial leap forward to justify the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it would take for the change over, and so far nothing as proven itself that "substantial leap forward".

The military has actively been seeking to replace the M16 family of weapons for a long time, so I think the money will be there when they find something. Whether it is a piston M16 or another weapons system all together they have been looking for a few years now. I think the piston would be a wise choice because they would not require all the training of an entirely new system.
    And they could still use their current magazine and ammunition supply. :twocents:

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Nice choice! The Sport is one of S&W's newer models and is a good choice for a base gun. I think you'll find that even though you didn't build your own, you will still be building on the Sport as you figure out which accessories you want. The sport is a really good deal at $650. Happy Shooting!

joker762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Logansport
    Congrats on the new sport! I'm in the market myself for a new AR but can't seem to find what i'm looking for! I'd have probably bought a sport about a week ago but couldn't get it for less than $700 :(

gregtheplumber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    valparaiso
    i have a m&p15 or i got it on sale for 699 the most expensive part i bought for it was the midwest industries quad rail and with everything else not counting extra mags im right about a grand. and the thing shoots great. only fired .223 out of it as of yet. still looking for some decent priced 5.56. i love the rifle

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    The military has actively been seeking to replace the M16 family of weapons for a long time, so I think the money will be there when they find something. Whether it is a piston M16 or another weapons system all together they have been looking for a few years now. I think the piston would be a wise choice because they would not require all the training of an entirely new system.
    And they could still use their current magazine and ammunition supply. :twocents:

There is no doubt that eventually something will come along to replace the M16/M4, when who knows. Most piston AR systems have yet to completely catch on. And most pros seem to not be totally entralled with it so far. I'm betting on something other than an AR design eventually replacing the current rifles.

coyote1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Veedersburg
    Not sure where you are located Joker762, but Plainfield Shooting Supplies is selling the sport for a little over $600 brand new, worth the drive if your not to far away.

KA9NTZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Lafayette
    I built my first AR and my 15yr son took it over. Still have one striped lower that I'm workin' on now. When you build your own, you can set it up the way you want without having to change anything right out of the box!!!

Top Bottom