• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I like how they made this so vague that they could say ammunition itself counts under this rule and added in "magazine capacity" to it as well.

This one's really scary

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I wrote this too our senator who likes too remind us he was a Marine.

"Senator Young,

Have you begun to understand what your vote for the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act has unleashed?

Your vote for that abomination
    of legislation has provided cover for the subversive communists (AKA Democrats) now in control of the Federal government to subvert and assault the 2nd Amendment in multiple ways.

You have violated your oath of office, and the trust of Hoosier citizens.

Resign! You are an insult to the State of Indiana and the Constitutions of both Indiana and these United States.

RESIGN, if you have any honor at all, resign so that a Constitionalist can be appointed to replace you.

Sincerely,
    J.D. Wampler"

I'll follow up with the Indiana Republican party as well.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    You can kill somebody in Chicago and walk out the same day and have fewer parole officers than the average gun owner. Back in 1770’s they had a name for this kind of stuff. If our Aft and FIb and other agencies are so bored all they can do is target law abiding citizens to manufacture felons, they need their budget cut buy three quarters.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm pretty sure this would not effect home reloaders. The current regulations require notification when storage begins. And magazine capacity doesn't mean the type of magazines you load ammo into, it refers to "explosive storage magazines" which are structures designed to contain/channel unintended explosions in a safe manner.

This rule only applies to those that hold an explosive license/permit. Here is a link to the proposed change, and the regulation it modifies.
    Proposed change

Current reg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You can kill somebody in Chicago and walk out the same day and have fewer parole officers than the average gun owner. Back in the 1770’s they had a name for this kind of stuff. If our ATF and FBI and other agencies are so bored all they can do is target law abiding citizens to manufacture felons, they need their budget cut by 100%.
    FTFY

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm pretty sure this would not affect home reloaders. The current regulations require notification when storage begins. And magazine capacity doesn't mean the type of magazines you load ammo into, it refers to "explosive storage magazines" which are structures designed to contain/channel unintended explosions in a safe manner.

This rule only applies to those that hold an explosive license/permit. Here is a link to the proposed change, and the regulation it modifies.
    Proposed change

Current reg
    FTFY. Grammar and spelling Nazi, at your service.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I'm pretty sure this would not effect home reloaders. The current regulations require notification when storage begins. And magazine capacity doesn't mean the type of magazines you load ammo into, it refers to "explosive storage magazines" which are structures designed to contain/channel unintended explosions in a safe manner.

Proposed change

Current reg
    It will mean what they choose it to mean.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm not disagreeing with that. But this proposed change will do nothing like what is in the video. It's either click bait/fear mongering or he has no idea what he is talking about. I'm guessing the former, but it is also possible this guy is just an idiot.

This will only apply to those who have a license/permit to purchase/store/use explosives. Under the current rule you have to notify your local fire authority verbally by the end of day the storage starts and in writing within 2 days. Here it is.

"Any person who stores explosive materials shall notify the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials are being stored of the type, magazine capacity, and location of each site where such explosive materials are stored. Such notification shall be made orally before the end of the day on which storage of the explosive materials commenced and in writing within 48 hours from the time such storage commenced."

Once again small arms components, loaded ammo, and up to 50lbs of commercial black powder is exempt. If they propose a rule change to that, then it will be time to get concerned. Until then this is a nothing burger. Unless you think it's currently required for reloaders and smoke pole users to report the above info. Hint it's not.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I wrote this too our senator who likes too remind us he was a Marine.

"Senator Young,

Have you begun to understand what your vote for the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act has unleashed?

Your vote for that abomination
    of legislation has provided cover for the subversive communists (AKA Democrats) now in control of the Federal government to subvert and assault the 2nd Amendment in multiple ways.

You have violated your oath of office, and the trust of Hoosier citizens.

Resign! You are an insult to the State of Indiana and the Constitutions of both Indiana and these United States.

RESIGN, if you have any honor at all, resign so that a Constitionalist can be appointed to replace you.

Sincerely,
    J.D. Wampler"

I'll follow up with the Indiana Republican party as well.
    I have been face to face with that weasel before asking him if he remembers swearing an oath to defend the constitution. He is a slimy, swarmy, greasy typical politician. He's not even a Hoosier. We should run his ass back to Pennsylvania

Top Bottom