• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A heads up about a pretty big (+/-250) gun auction in Evansville. Sohn and Associates is having a consignment firearms auction Saturday July 26th. Full details with listings and photos here: Upcoming Auctions | Sohn and Associates

Lots of variety including multiples of the same model and some class III stuff as well. They usually have a bunch of ammo and accessories on silent auction. They charge sales tax but no buyer's premium unless you use a credit card. $10.00/gun transfer fee and they have online bidding (pricey shipping).

I have no affiliation with this company but I have bought a lot of guns at their auctions and have consigned a few to this one. Sometimes stuff is a bargain and sometimes what people pay is entertaining.

shortbusbob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    east
    There are a few good ones in the mix . But along way for me to drive for inflated prices . The auction house here in Indianapolis brings out the crazy people . You know , the one on the south side . With the girls name .....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Prices can be high and then again I have gotten some tremendous deals. It is and will always be fickle. Heck, I remember an auction where two virtually identical Davis .380's sold, one for around $100 or so and the other for $250+. You could hear the giggling in the audience.

Post up if you are planning on going. If enough are interested, we could maybe do an INGO breakfast at Denny's beforehand.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    If you are a reloader, it's a Paradise here. There are over 500 silent auction lots here. Guns seem to be selling at fair prices so far.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Overall fair on the gun prices. Some went to the higher end and some good bargains. Bought a Makarov for $225 and a rough shooter S&W Model 10 (refinished with goofy but usable sights added) for $200. Of what I sold, some went higher and some lower than I expected but overall wee good.

Truly a reloader's paradise. There was a bunch of factory and reloaded ammo too. I picked up two .30 cal ammo cans full of .38 spl DEWC 148 gr wadcutters. 1,200 rounds of loaded ammo for $100.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    So I take it only Snoko and I attended this auction? Nice pick up by the way on that mak and mod 10. I thought about bidding on that mod 10 but didn't feel like getting back in line to pay again. I ended up getting that old Torre Annunziata Carano. It's from 1897 and was captured in the Austro-Hungarian war by the AZF mark on it. Plus it was converted to fire 6.5x54MS and still can fire the 6.5x52mm round. These are rare birds and don't come up for sale often. I also had my eye on the 1940 French MAS 36 that started out cheap but before I could even bid some @#$%! off the internet knew what it was and jumped the bid to $250.

I only two things that surprise me that went full retard was the J22 and the Raven unless these are climbing up in value and didn't know it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was there, picked up a mix of guns and ammo. A Colt Army Special in 32-20 made in 1927 was among them.:)

Top Bottom