• epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Go forth my robot minion!!

[ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI]YouTube - Roomba Driver[/ame]

and to get those stairs the Roomba can't handle...

[ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kh4QjizaI74]YouTube - Slinky cat[/ame]

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn cats are dumb.

Which is a sign of stupidity, doing whatever someone tells you no questions asked or doing whatever you want? If you say the first, then punch yourself in the face, if you don't then you're dumb. ;)

I have seen dogs eat rocks, run repeatedly into walls, and other retarded things too.

Animals in general are dumb. Cats just crack me the hell up.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Now now. I have many dumb cats, one is dumber than all the others. She is so dumb that if I scare her, she forgets about it 15 seconds later. I have some of my cats for the sole reason that a "woman" asked me to help. What we won't do for ***** (You know I mean cats don't you?).

Hemmingway once said that "One cat just leads to another." Did he have a girlfriend too?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cats.

If an animal won't obey my commands, it is worthless to me...Unless it lives in a cage.

However, I do know a one-eyed cat that plays fetch.:):

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cats.

If an animal won't obey my commands, it is worthless to me...Unless it lives in a cage.

Cats will learn to act on command. My daughter has a cat that will sit and roll over when she tells it to.

exar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My cat listens to me. He always attacks when I command him to.:dunno:

Cats will learn to act on command. My daughter has a cat that will sit and roll over when she tells it to.

I'm not too sure why people say you can't train cats. My cat does all kinds of things when I command him to. You just have to work with them, like any animal.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm not too sure why people say you can't train cats. My cat does all kinds of things when I command him to. You just have to work with them, like any animal.

Actually it is a myth that cats cannot be trained. They aren't as easily trained as a dog because cats are naturally loners, not pack animals like dogs so they tend to do whatever the hell they want, where as a dog does what ever the pack leader (if trained right, that is you) wants it to. They do understand the concept of a reward though and will do lots of things for food. They train cats all the time for movies and TV.

The big difference is that a cat big enough to take down a human usually knows it and can snap if they decide they have had enough of your crap. Therefore we don't see many people having pet jaguars. See Roy Horn for further evidence. Whereas the dog's pack mentality can usually keep it in check.

Cats aren't stupid comparatively speaking. They are actually quite intelligent, they are just much more independent minded than dogs.

Personally, other than random amusement, I like cats because of the fact that they are pretty much a smaller version of the big bad felines of the wild. Cats are about the perfect land predator. They are fast, agile, smart, strong, can jump high, climb, etc. People think they are lazy because they sleep a lot. They sleep a lot because they have a high metabolism giving them great amounts of energy when they are awake (excellent for a predator). In a house cat not having to fend for its life, that usually takes the form of random running around and general silliness.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    They aren't as easily trained as a dog because cats are naturally loners, not pack animals like dogs so they tend to do whatever the hell they want

Ahhh, once again...Doesn't obey my commands = worthless

Not to mention the whole, bad guy breaking into my house thing.:D

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ahhh, once again...Doesn't obey my commands = worthless

Not to mention the whole, bad guy breaking into my house thing.:D

I prefer cats because:
    No need to walk them.
    No need to portion meals out for them (they eat until they are full and stop). I usually get those huge food dispensers and a giant water bowl and I only have to top them off about once a week.
    No need to let them out.... ever. They crap in a box.
    In general, cat fur is softer than dog hair.
    Cats can be VERY loyal. One cat I had would get between me and any dog that was near by. He was defending me from what he perceived as a threat.
    I had to have over 100 stitches in the face when I was 6 because of a neighbor's dog. The worst a cat ever did to me was a minor scratch.

As for home security, you are better off with some sort of mechanical/electronic security device or system. If you have ever seen the show It Takes a Thief, you probably have seen many cases where the dog that they were POSITIVE would at stop the thief, be nothing more than a minor annoyance and usually ended with the dog being locked into a small room or closet while the thief went about his business. You can't feed hotdogs to a security system to shut them up. Dogs, you can. Police dogs are one thing as they are usually highly trained, most people's pet dogs aren't.

So anyway, back to our regularly scheduled cat video thread. :laugh:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I prefer cats because:
    No need to walk them.

Yeah, me neither...Let him out the back door and regardless if I forget about him or not, he's sitting there when I remember.

No need to portion meals out for them (they eat until they are full and stop). I usually get those huge food dispensers and a giant water bowl and I only have to top them off about once a week.

Zeus's bowl stays full at all times. He eats when he's hungry and stops when he's full (yes, I know some dogs don't know when to stop).

No need to let them out.... ever. They crap in a box.

Got me there. Letting him out 3 times a day is quite painstaking.:D

In general, cat fur is softer than dog hair.

Um, OK...Awesome.

Cats can be VERY loyal.

Sweet...They still aren't in the same galaxy in regards to a dog's loyalty.

I had to have over 100 stitches in the face when I was 6 because of a neighbor's dog. The worst a cat ever did to me was a minor scratch.

Wow, I'm really sorry about hearing that; no kid should ever have to go through that and I can absolutely see why you are a cat fan...However, it wasn't your dog that did that to you was it? Your dog would never do that to you (if it had any training at all) so it is kind of a moot point.

As for home security, you are better off with some sort of mechanical/electronic security device or system. If you have ever seen the show It Takes a Thief, you probably have seen many cases where the dog that they were POSITIVE would at stop the thief, be nothing more than a minor annoyance and usually ended with the dog being locked into a small room or closet while the thief went about his business. You can't feed hotdogs to a security system to shut them up. Dogs, you can. Police dogs are one thing as they are usually highly trained, most people's pet dogs aren't.

Well sure, an electronic security system is better...But it doesn't hurt to have both.

Oh, and a properly trained dog aint letting a POS with a hotdog in his hand into "his/her" house.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Got me there. Letting him out 3 times a day is quite painstaking.:D

Don't forget about picking up the land mines, missing some on accident and later finding them by stepping in them. I have a covered litter box that I roll over and roll back and all the turds are filtered out and wind up in a little box that slides out ready for the trash. That only has to be done once a week.

Wow, I'm really sorry about hearing that; no kid should ever have to go through that and I can absolutely see why you are a cat fan...However, it wasn't your dog that did that to you was it? Your dog would never do that to you (if it had any training at all) so it is kind of a moot point.

Moot point? The fact a dog can attack and injure people against your will is a moot point? Guess who has to deal with the legal ramifications of that? I have yet to hear of anyone suing over a "house cat mauling".

Well sure, an electronic security system is better...But it doesn't hurt to have both.

Oh, and a properly trained dog aint letting a POS with a hotdog in his hand into "his/her" house.

Read the part at the very end of the part you quoted. Most people's dogs are not well trained.

BTW, I do not hate dogs. I just prefer cats. I was about to get a Beagle a few months ago, but my living situation right now is a not a good time for one. After about a dozen cats over my life, I think I want a change of pace.

Another reason I love cats, not only do they do stupid crap, they also can do some amazing things. I had a cat that used to catch humming birds and leave them on our doorstep as a gift. I have also witnessed another one of my cats open a door. Not push a cracked door open, but jump up, and turn the knob with its paws (note, knob, not handle, a friggin knob) and get the door cracked just enough to push/pull it open the rest of the way. I couldn't believe it. It did it on its first try too. Not bad for not having thumbs.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like dogs but have cats. The reason? I travel. Enough feeders and cat boxes and I can be gone for a week no problem. Can't do that with a dog.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO

The cat has two eyes. It's just closing one to $%^& with you.

Yeah, really obedient. I tell ours all the time "hey *******, just ignore me", it always works.

That works with mine except when I'm in the kitchen. Then I tell her, "hey, annoy the crap out of me" and it's all good.

Top Bottom