• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    **** this ****! We have bigger worries than this.

Illinois just passed a new tax on strip clubs that serve alcohol!

What ass believes that strip clubs serving alcohol leads to rape!

Passed 53-0! You have to be kidding me.

Why the hell do we put up with these taxes they pass under the guise of justification for another tax for a good cause.

Because the headlines would read lawmakers don't want rape crisis centers!

Illinois you ****ing suck ass!

Forgive my language but seriously I cannot believe the time hasn't come to dump the g strings into the harbor!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

Why the hell do we put up with these taxes they pass under the guise of justification for another tax for a good cause.

Forgive my language but seriously I cannot believe the time hasn't come to dump the g strings into the harbor!

It's an easy tax to pass. How many politicians are publicly going to rise to the defense of strip clubs during an election year?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Illinois just passed a new tax on strip clubs that serve alcohol!!

And they will raise the price of admission / drinks on down to the consumer and the consumer will gladly pay it .

Married / single whatever , your gonna pay to see'em one way or another .

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    And everyone is ok with this?

Seriously?

We allow these taxes because they are easy to pass?

When is enough going to be shouted to every gutless wonder that signed this law or any other for the better hood targeted laws?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    And everyone is ok with this?

Seriously?

We allow these taxes because they are easy to pass?

When is enough going to be shouted to every gutless wonder that signed this law or any other for the better hood targeted laws?

Its Illinois not "We" and its a States Rights issue. Do I agree with it?, No.

Do I think the State has a right to enact laws and levy taxes accordance with their own Constitution so long as it does not run afoul of the US Consitution?, Yes.

Do I care that it will now be more expensive for people to wallow in depravity? Absolutely not.

Do I think that it will keep Illinois from continuing along I to bankruptcy? Not a chance.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Ha ha touché.

Bet if it was an Indiana tax on shooting or hunting to pay for a gangbanger violence crisis center everyone would be singing a different tune.
    Its Illinois not "We" and its a States Rights issue. Do I agree with it?, No.

Do I think the State has a right to enact laws and levy taxes accordance with their own Constitution so long as it does not run afoul of the US Consitution?, Yes.

Do I care that it will now be more expensive for people to wallow in depravity? Absolutely not.

Do I think that it will keep Illinois from continuing along I to bankruptcy? Not a chance.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ha ha touché.

Bet if it was an Indiana tax on shooting or hunting to pay for a gangbanger violence crisis center everyone would be singing a different tune.

I doubt that would happen here, too many informed non herd members in this state. Plus, many are good enough shots that gangbanger violence is kept to a minimum. :D

But I do get your point.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Its just smart business. You cant regulate peoples behavior, you can control vice. So tax the crap out of it. If people want it, then profit off of their vices. Smoking, Drinking, Sex driven enterprises etc...

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Wow!

I'm chagrined that it will never come around to our own particular sins then.lol

Being easy makes someone a great date but shouldn't be how we stomach another tax of convenience that will be robbed to pay Paul.

Thanks for seeing my point.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    At least it is for rape crisis since that's what these taxes really are.

Shouldn't everyone that lives share in the rape crisis tax since they all are potential victims?

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Any opportunity to tax that can be put in place without losing lots of voter base support will be put into place. People that attened strip clubs probably have a lesser % turn out at the polls (voting polls that is :D). per capita than the general population. I see this as an action taken against single mothers.
    Taxes are like a liquid that will continue to flow until it fills every nook and cranny of the crinkled box of our existance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is the reaction they are counting on from most people. Tax the sins, because most people will not complain, or will even agree that it should be taxed if not illegal. Same thing with alcohol and cigarettes.

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its just smart business. You cant regulate peoples behavior, you can control vice. So tax the crap out of it. If people want it, then profit off of their vices. Smoking, Drinking, Sex driven enterprises etc...

You betcha! Just saw an article that IL is also considering doubling their cig tax!! As a vaper, am wondering how long it's gonna take the states to start taxing our nicotine juice.

Top Bottom