• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Just saying hello to everyone, stumbled across the site earlier today and after spending awhile browsing I've decided it would be prudent to have a good resource for any of my Indiana related gun questions :)

I'm a relatively recent graduate from Rose-Hulman and have settled up in the Carmel area, I have been a life long target shooter. (I technically have gone hunting a few times, but for all intents and purposes that was just hiking while carrying a heavy stick :rolleyes:) The only firearms I own currently are a Ruger single six, a super blackhawk in .357, and a TC contender in .223. I keep a floating list of planned purchase items that I like to daydream about which right now is basically...

A 1911 because I love the grip for some reason, and I've had great experiences with some Kimbers.

A buckmaster camper .22 just for work on my basic shooting skills and as an excellent learners firearm for people I introduce to the sport.

if I ever decide to carry concealed I'm interested in a glock 36 although I'd consider a compact 1911 or possibly a sig.

I'm also interested in picking up a either a Cx4 Storm or an ar-15 because I've always loved the styling and after shooting both they were really pleasent guns to use at the range.

Don't know that I'll post too much but I'll be trolling the forums for some fun reading and keeping an eye open for things going on in my area. (I know about B&D guns for a cheap FFL transfer location, and pop guns is a reasonably close shooting range, but if anyone knows other great spots for shooting related activities near Carmel, let me know)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I worked out at Rose Hulman for a little while on a construction job. Nice school.

A lot of people swear by the Sigs (I don't own one yet) but I carry a Kimber CDP II Pro. It is light, thin, and just plain pretty (my atavar). I own a G36 and carry it occasionally in a Renegade ankle holster when needed. I really like the Glock. Glocks shoots right out of the box without problems and can take the most abuse.

Other than that, I own a number of 9mm, which I love, but still carry the 45. Carrying will be mostly preference and what you are comfortable with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom