Another Four Rules Violation - Washington County Juvenile in Serious Condition..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Seem to me that tragedy such as this call for mandatory firearms safety in schools.

Maybe combine it in a "safety class"? Make it part of a series of instruction on fires, first aid, CPR, automobiles, power tools, electricity, inter alia?
    Thank you for the idea, but no, thanks.

Hope the kid in the OP recovers, the shooter in the OP learned a lesson, the owner of the barn rethinks his storage plans, and the parents of the kids have a nice family chat about firearm safety.

I'd be all kinds of torn up if I managed to shoot a friend. Sucks.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The thread, above, is seven pages long over nine years and not a single post took issue with it, not even the most vocal anti-four-rules person. On the contrary, almost every person, other than the OP, praised the OP for his position(s) on safety.

There are many who simply employ better methods of instructing others in safe gun handling.

The NRA presents a more universal refinement consisting of 3 rules which produce the same desired safe gun handling habits and behaviors while completely eliminating the need to tack on anything else. It would be difficult to argue against their sufficiency, efficiency, simplicity or brilliance.

Never stop challenging or advancing. We can leave the old as a monument, but we're moving on. Try to keep up. ;)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I saw that, but "stable" doesn't mean it's not bad. He got through today's surgery and is still not breathing on his own and trying to save the liver

Understood. Just trying to provide information as given in the article.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Weird to see Shepard as a chief judge on the App. Ct.

And Rucker will be joining him?

Seems like that'd make Taco Tuesdays among the Court of Appeals judges kinda awkward.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seem to me that tragedy such as this call for mandatory firearms safety in schools.

Maybe combine it in a "safety class"? Make it part of a series of instruction on fires, first aid, CPR, automobiles, power tools, electricity, inter alia?

Well, they teach sex education, why not firearms...but I disagree with making either mandatory.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Mandatory" normally makes me cringe, but I'm willing to hear more of this proposal and pursue it locally.

I know anti-gun people, as I know anti-sex Ed in school people. I don't think it's my prerogative to tell either how they should raise their kids so long as they are on the right side of the law.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I know anti-gun people, as I know anti-sex Ed in school people. I don't think it's my prerogative to tell either how they should raise their kids so long as they are on the right side of the law.

I don't desire a law, I prefer persuasion.

Top Bottom