• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That highly likely will not happen. If the President and VP are from the same state that states EC votes do not count. They cannot win without Florida’s EC votes…
    The state EC can only vote for one candidate from their state. In this case either the President or VP.

Not sure how long Trump would have to reside elsewhere to qualify as a non-resident of Florida. If Trump moves expect a T/D ticket.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The state EC can only vote for one candidate from their state. In this case either the President or VP.

Not sure how long Trump would have to reside elsewhere to qualify as a non-resident of Florida. If Trump moves expect a T/D ticket.
    Not long, but it would likely put him in NY or NJ, both hostile to him and high tax states…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree, especially with the need to 'learn self-control', which I interpret to mean behave in ways that you approve of
    It would probably be better to interpret it the way I mean it. :):

That is just a continuation of the canard that things would be so much better if only Trump was less like Trump
    He brings a lot of this **** on himself. He makes it easier to believe what the media lies about him. I want him to behave in ways that don't make it harder for non-Trumpers to see reality for what it is.

I see no evidence that his demeanor particularly hurt him or the results he was able to achieve because it was the things he held important and wished to accomplish that set his enemies against him, and that would not have been in any way ameliorated by the 'my esteemed colleague...' sort of discourse
    I don't think you possibly could see it. You already believe it's not there before you even look for it. I think Trump accomplished quite a bit because he mostly put the right policies in place. And that's obviously to his credit, despite the ways that he helped the media narrative against him.

Obviously the establishmentarians did not want him to accomplish things. And I agree that that set people hair-on-fire against him. But when the media tells the world that democracy itself all over the world is in jeopardy because Trump is President, did it help that Trump tried to subvert the election process by trying to bully Pence into substituting different electors?

I get it, the machine rigged the election, and that's enough to get pissed off. But that was only a move approved by die hard Trumpers. It was never going to work, and even if it did, even more people would be against Trump. That was a bone headed move and an example of how his own behavior ****ed him worse than he'd have been anyway. And then there's the nutty "Kraken" that team Trump tried to put out there, further making him look like a kook. I don't really think he is a kook. But he was getting advice from kooky people on his team. Putting Rudy Giuliani on his team was a foolish move.

When the democrats/media are calling you a kook, the worst thing you can do is confirm it.

Trump connected first and foremost to the people who were tired of republicans being gentleman losers, preferring to compete over the scraps the democrats would allow them to have.

I don't disagree with that. I like that about Trump, and that's not the behavior I'm talking about. Trump has had instances where he masterfully trolled political enemies. Do that. Just don't behave like the person they claim he is. And maybe fight back in some different ways.

He doesn't have to disprove the media narrative to Trumpers. They're predisposed to believing only good things. He doesn't have to disprove the media narrative to the people predisposed to believing only bad things about him. No amount of connotative dissonance can help see what's real.

He can disprove the narrative by being a counter-example of the narrative. But I don't think he has the instincts for that.

Early supporters, such as myself, were willing to take a chance on something different over the establishments lubing up Jeb to ram him up our ... sensibilities. We undoubtedly made bank on that bet, and now many more people can see that we need a fighter, not a poser, to make further progress at rolling back the decay in America
    I don't disagree with this either. Trump made a lot of progress by the end of his term. But where are we now? All that progress Trump made was utterly obliterated within a year of Joe Biden's inauguration. I think we're in a cycle now with such division that the pendulum is swinging wildly in terms of leaders. Bush begat 0bama. 0bama begat Trump. Trump begat 0biden.

So what good did all that progress do if we're worse off now than we were before? Things are worse now than they were under 0bama even. I do think we need a fighter, but we also need a uniter. I'm not talking about some kumbaya hand-holder. But Trump is divisive. A lot of that is the messaging. And him confirming bits and pieces of media lies that make it easier for people who could know better to believe it.

DeSantis would be wise to either spend four more making Florida an even stronger bastion of freedom and sit out 2024 (which given his recent actions I doubt he will) or play 2nd fiddle for 4 years and accept the baton rather than conduct a bloody fight for primacy that I feel he will lose and which will only enable our enemies

I don't know if that's a better strategy or not. There won't be a DeSantis administration if Trump goes full on Trump. It's like pushing a kid in a swing from both sides. it swings ever farther with each push.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That highly likely will not happen. If the President and VP are from the same state that states EC votes do not count. They cannot win without Florida’s EC votes…
    I'm not convinced that would be a good strategy anyway. Regardless whether DeSantis runs, assuming Trump wins the primary, I think it would be better for Trump to pick someone else, and let DeSantis work on Florida. I think a DeSantis presidential run without Trump in the mix would make DeSantis the automatic front-runner whether he was a VP or Governor during that time.

And there's a downside to being Trump's VP. Pence got chewed up and spit out by Trump over the election fraud, because Trump wanted him to do what was obviously stupid, and almost everyone knew it. So Trump can push for stupid ****. So if some situation arose where Trump put DeSantis in the position of having to do something stupid, he's ****ed either way politically. If he does it, he loses all credibility with everyone who's not a die hard Trumper. If he doesn't do it, he loses all credibility with the die hard Trumpers. Either way his political career is over.

Pence's political career is over. He just doesn't know it. And Pence's political career should be over, but not because he refused to do something stupid. It's for no better reason that he's a self-righteous putz.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not convinced that would be a good strategy anyway. Regardless whether DeSantis runs, assuming Trump wins the primary, I think it would be better for Trump to pick someone else, and let DeSantis work on Florida. I think a DeSantis presidential run without Trump in the mix would make DeSantis the automatic front-runner whether he was a VP or Governor during that time.
    DeSantis is up for re-election in 2022. Trump supports his re-election as governor with the understanding he needs to mentor someone (Lt. Governor?) who can replace him as governor in FL and stay the course. DeSantis supports Trump in 2024 and then Trump brings him aboard as a high cabinet official with national visibility when his 2nd term as governor nears an end, perhaps AG (he's Harvard Law) or DHS, but deliberately make him high visibility. In 2028 Trump passes the torch of America First to DeSantis

I can think of worse ways for the future to go

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    DeSantis is up for re-election in 2022. Trump supports his re-election as governor with the understanding he needs to mentor someone (Lt. Governor?) who can replace him as governor in FL and stay the course. DeSantis supports Trump in 2024 and then Trump brings him aboard as a high cabinet official with national visibility when his 2nd term as governor nears an end, perhaps AG (he's Harvard Law) or DHS, but deliberately make him high visibility. In 2028 Trump passes the torch of America First to DeSantis

I can think of worse ways for the future to go
    I’d be okay with that if those things actually came about.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    awesome...

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is your Governor speaking,” DeSantis begins. “Today’s training evolution: dogfighting. Taking on the corporate media.”

“The rules of engagement are as follows: Number one, don’t fire unless fired upon, but when they fire, you fire back with overwhelming force,”

“Number two, never ever back down from a fight,”

“Number three, don’t accept their narrative.”

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    See. That's what a President sounds like. Not the childish, self-aggrandizing, incoherent jabber we get from Trump.
    Eh. I thought it had a slight whiff of Michael-Dukakis-in-the-Tank, and sorta cringed a little when I saw it.

(It doesn't help that the move it was based on is utter low-common-denominator crap).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Eh. I thought it had a slight whiff of Michael-Dukakis-in-the-Tank, and sorta cringed a little when I saw it.

(It doesn't help that the move it was based on is utter low-common-denominator crap).
    If he's gonna win over any die-hard Trump supporters that are left, a little cringe is in order.

:):

I was commenting more on his tone and delivery. I have a feeling that Desantis has a more bigly vocabulary to work with.

Top Bottom