Another gun attack in France. This one at a supermarket.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That word is too often used by the media to just call any victim of a terrorist attack but in that case it's the right word.

As a gendarme he was both a police officer and a soldier and apparently had been deployed in Irak for two years back in 2007.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-beltrame-hostages-hailed-hero-france-trebes

He will probably get state funerals.

Exactly it is. I've said that same exact thing here before. Everyone isn't a hero just because they die in a tragedy or even doing their jobs. Running into certain or possible death when you can choose to run the other way (cops or civilian) makes you a hero in my book. But only when you actually do it.
    Soldiers have to do it. Yes there are heroic acts but every soldier isn't a hero.
    That man is sadly dead but if I was a Frenchman I would make sure his name was never forgotten in France. His family deserve that and the nation owes him that. Heros don't do things for medals. This hero put others before himself knowing his fate I believe

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly it is. I've said that same exact thing here before. Everyone isn't a hero just because they die in a tragedy or even doing their jobs. Running into certain or possible death when you can choose to run the other way (cops or civilian) makes you a hero in my book. But only when you actually do it.
    Soldiers have to do it. Yes there are heroic acts but every soldier isn't a hero.
    That man is sadly dead but if I was a Frenchman I would make sure his name was never forgotten in France. His family deserve that and the nation owes him that. Heros don't do things for medals. This hero put others before himself knowing his fate I believe

He was on the cover of pretty much every single newspaper in France today.

Not that POS terrorist as it's too often the case.I don't even care to know his name.

echorepublicain.750.jpg

depeche.750.jpg

voixdunord.750.jpg

courrierpicard.750.jpg

provence.750.jpg

There are many more ...

Top Bottom