• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I never could figure out how to clean a loaded gun.

What a shame.

I have always wondered that myself. The only logical thing I can think of is the offender had, "Just got done cleaning muh gun and when I dropped the slide she just went off."

I am sure the cleaning was just the precursor, not the cause. :dunno:

But they always have to mention the cleaning part.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Very sad about the young girl. However, is the range of a muzzle loader 1.5 miles? Don't know, just asking.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Very sad about the young girl. However, is the range of a muzzle loader 1.5 miles? Don't know, just asking.
    A new Savage muzzleloader that uses rifle powder can send a 250gr sabot out @2750fps putting it pretty close to the .338 Lapua ballistics and if I am not mistaken that is the cartridge that hold the longest sniper kill record. Just a thought.:(

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Very sad. Prayers to the family of the deceased girl as well as prayers to the guy who accidentally shot her.

I can't even imagine the guilt he must be feeling. That pales in comparison to the loss of a loved one but still would be a heavy load.

The gun is ALWAYS loaded! Treat it as such ALL the time!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It does help to read the article before posting your thoughts on the article.

Yes, I read the article; my statement was based on the inevitable statement by the idiot who was playing with his loaded gun who invariably says "I was cleaning it and it just went off."

I've been cleaning guns for about 30 years and I've yet to have one "go off" or be fool enough to try to clean one while it's loaded.

The "report" that he shot it into the air so he could clean it makes little difference. If he knowingly fired it into the air he should be charged with reckless homicide.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not knowing that a muzzle loader is loaded boarders on someone who belongs in a mental institution because it is obvious he has no brains.

That said, those saying he didn't know it was loaded didn't read the article. Also the OP didn't pay attention either, since it didn't go off while he was cleaning it. Sorry.

And the headline of the article is also a blatant lie, but since when is news reporting accurate.

Top Bottom