• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    With all this going on, I don't see why more people aren't arming themselves. If a couple of these crooks were put down, it would stop this crap quick. Too many people are listening to the wrong advice, you really do need a gun in the house.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If it occurred as the reports say - resident was awakened with a gun to his head - a gun wouldn't have done him much good. Start with an alarm system and/or a dog - that will buy a few seconds to deploy the gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Make your house hard enough to get into for a start....alarm next and some kind of noisy animal.
    Our place lights up when approached from any angle....security doors replaced the screen doors and steel entry's with dead bolts.
    If you want in the noise would wake the dead and then you would join them.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes. We have had some car break ins and people walking around neighbors' houses in the middle of the night/ Several of my neighbors are either buying guns or looking into it. We are upgrading our alarm system and are on a waiting list for a Rhodesian Ridgeback which will not arrive until spring. We also have firearms and pepper spray with the pepper spray strategically placed. We are also looking into adding some motion sensored flood lights for the back of our house.

I am less worried about a break in while I am home, I am concerned about an invasion after I leave for work.

I am also talking to some neighbors to start some kind of alert system so that if someone sees something suspisicious or if soemthing actually happens, we can alert a group of the neighborhood via a text

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. We have had some car break ins and people walking around neighbors' houses in the middle of the night/ Several of my neighbors are either buying guns or looking into it. We are upgrading our alarm system and are on a waiting list for a Rhodesian Ridgeback which will not arrive until spring. We also have firearms and pepper spray with the pepper spray strategically placed. We are also looking into adding some motion sensored flood lights for the back of our house.

I am less worried about a break in while I am home, I am concerned about an invasion after I leave for work.

I am also talking to some neighbors to start some kind of alert system so that if someone sees something suspisicious or if soemthing actually happens, we can alert a group of the neighborhood via a text

I would say be careful in your alert system.
    The way to deter is by doing what you say...Being alert....informing the area and turning on the lights......inside and out. Nothing makes a cockroach run faster that light.

If someone is walking around your house at night it can not be good. Pulse lights.......every where.

The Zombies are looking at affluent areas as a revenue stream to advance their addictive lifestyle. Some do it for the money/goods.....some do it for the rush. The money is part of it for sure but the power trip comes into play as well.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    2am open garage unlocked door. Yeah right, nice security!

And from channel 8, "Although there were initial reports that one of the men put a gun to the resident's head, police said later Wednesday morning that the men did not show guns. The homeowner told police the suspects were well spoken and didn't want to hurt anyone." That's comforting.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    With all this going on, I don't see why more people aren't arming themselves. If a couple of these crooks were put down, it would stop this crap quick. Too many people are listening to the wrong advice, you really do need a gun in the house.

A gun may be of little use if you wake up with somebody standing over your bed! A little notice they have entered your home would be handy.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    A gun may be of little use if you wake up with somebody standing over your bed! A little notice they have entered your home would be handy.

As the reported facts are ever changing, this is the latest:

"The suspects apparently went through the cars in the garage and then walked into the home. They were rummaging around inside when the couple woke up and came out and confronted them.
    The suspects said they just wanted to get out of the house safely and didn't want anyone to get hurt.
    A neighbor also reported having vehicles broken into. He couldn't remember if he had locked his doors. A Kindle and DVDs were stolen. He told Eyewitness News that he feels lucky that the suspects didn't break into their home"

Yes, by all means, Fishers is the go to place for home invasions/burglaries.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The victim said they were Polite and well spoken. :lmfao:

Good Morning Mr. homeowner, I'm sorry to wake you, but I devised a plan to finance my addiction and my Christmas Spending. As I looked around your lovely home, I couldn't help but notice that your wallet was not in plain sight. If you could just show me where that is, I'll take just the amount of cash I need this morning and be on my way. Again, so terribly sorry to wake you, please accept my apologies.

Sweet Dreams, and have a great rest of the day!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    As the reported facts are ever changing, this is the latest:

"The suspects apparently went through the cars in the garage and then walked into the home. They were rummaging around inside when the couple woke up and came out and confronted them.
    The suspects said they just wanted to get out of the house safely and didn't want anyone to get hurt.
    A neighbor also reported having vehicles broken into. He couldn't remember if he had locked his doors. A Kindle and DVDs were stolen. He told Eyewitness News that he feels lucky that the suspects didn't break into their home"

Yes, by all means, Fishers is the go to place for home invasions/burglaries.
    Imagine what happens to the burglar if they break into the house of an INGO member. They have to realize that even being polite won't save them from a homeowner with a gun.

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    My neighbor's garage door is always open. I know he goes out to smoke but either he forgets to shut it or he never sleeps. I hope if he and his family are visited it is done by polite criminals.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    My neighbor's garage door is always open. I know he goes out to smoke but either he forgets to shut it or he never sleeps. I hope if he and his family are visited it is done by polite criminals.

My suggestion: next time he does this, be neighborly and call to let him know. Wouldn't you want him to do the same?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    When walking the family dog after hours, I see garage doors up on a regular basis, and no lights on in the garage. With some, I can't shake the feeling that it's on purpose, almost like they want the neighbors to see what they're driving. :ugh: I sometimes think people get a little too cozy in the suburbs, thinking it won't happen here. Unfortunately, as people become more daring and desperate, this is changing.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, you want the same person who leaves their garage door up, house door unlocked, and cars unlocked to be RESPONSIBLE for his family's safety and get a gun? Hahaha, maybe he needs to work on being responsible enough to secure his house for his family before he handles a deadly weapon.

Top Bottom