• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My wife works at that Walmart and was one of the associates that spoke to the young man....she said he was wearing a hunting type vest and did have an open carry weapon holstered. He was with a female and they merely did their shopping. Wife said he was very polite and asked if she could help him find something, which she did. She said that he wasn't even aware that he was being observed, he was just shopping. When they got the things they were looking for, he went to check out and left the store.....another case of social media making a mountain out of a mole hill....

Shocking!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Given all the press and social media hysteria about shootings at Walmart I'd think body armor would be all the rage there now.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Also, that was a very non-story story. All the "OMG look at this!" should have been "nothing to see here...move along".

Yeah, I was looking for the idiot at Walmart in the story, but I didn't read about an idiot in that story.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    ...cause it makes perfect sense to wear any "tactical" vest on a trip to Walmart.

And, OC/CC debate aside....maybe a few weeks of discretion when people are on edge...
    Discretion? I should carry differently because someone else did something stupid? How long should I wait till I’m allowed to open carry again?

Maybe we need new “common sense” gun laws!?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That used to be my local Walmart before I moved. It's probably one of the cleanest and better kept Walmarts, with the lowest amount of morons shopping there, that I've ever seen and it's almost always packed. It's the last place I would expect to have a problem with anyone, including a guy OCing his sidearm in a proper holster.

I've also OC'd in that store once or twice when I was taking used oil in and stuff like that because I couldn't be bothered to put another shirt on over my greasy t-shirt and don't like my gun up against my skin. I was, surprisingly, not on WANE TV or a large focus of store attention. Really, I couldn't tell of the other shoppers were any more accosted by me than usual when I walk in covered in sweat and grease in shorts, a stained T-shirt, and ripped up steel toes on. At least the piece on my hip proves that I had enough money at one point to afford a firearm at one point, thus operating counter to my overall "hoboness".

I'll also add that WANE is more and more becoming a leftist rag. About 4 years ago they disabled all of their comments (as was the rage of the day, Yahoo did it for awhile too, as did/does CNN, etc) because the overwhelming majority of commenters made fun of their ridiculous stories (like that one) all the time, including me. :)

Top Bottom