• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    My son and I were there Saturday. Luckily my back wasn't feeling the best and we didn't go on Sunday again as we had planned. Wouldn't have wanted to roll up on that situation with my 7yr old in tow.

marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I hate that people think that this is the only way out of their troubles. All they are doing is dumping the same trouble's and now their selfish act on their family,friend's and the public to deal with. I guess we will have to start going thru a mental evaluation before entering the range.. The range is there for practice, preparedness and a "stress reliever"

The world is full of zombies,some not so dead yet:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Maybe he really didnt want to live anymore, its a ****ty world. Suicide does not always mean you are looking for a way out. You have as much right to die as you do to live, but doing it in public = ass

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Unfortunate for all concerned.

This type of thing, and damage to property is what caused Applied Ballistics in Lafayette to install state-of-the-art cameras that are trained on each individual lane.
    They are motion sensitive, so if there is someone there, it is recording. If something does happen there, it WILL be caught on camera.

I hate cameras, but I do understand their position, and I support their use of them to cover their own ...es.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Unfortunate for all concerned.

This type of thing, and damage to property is what caused Applied Ballistics in Lafayette to install state-of-the-art cameras that are trained on each individual lane.
    They are motion sensitive, so if there is someone there, it is recording. If something does happen there, it WILL be caught on camera.

I hate cameras, but I do understand their position, and I support their use of them to cover their own ...es.

And that does what for whom?

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    This is in this morning's Kokomo Tribune. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Kevin A. Hickey » Obituaries » Kokomo Tribune; Kokomo, Indiana

My deepest sympathies and thoughts go out for this mans family...
    If this linked obituary is the man in regards to this thread... that is absolutely unfortunate.

I truly can't grasp my mind around the thought of it.

I also can't believe we've had 2 of these at Indiana shooting ranges within a matter of one week. Makes me wonder if it was a copy-cat or coincidence.

Very sad, either way.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I thought it was strange that this guy was a member of the range that this took place at. Sad to hear this happened, again. I'm surprised that any pro-2A person would choose to carry something like this out in a public fashion. If it is the man from that link, I'm also sorry to hear we lost one of our own.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Kevin was a good guy and will be missed by many.
    I am glad we had a chat like the old times at work last meeting and will always remember his booming voice and huge smile.
    May he now rest easy.
    Dunno if the OP story is about him or not, doesn't matter.

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    I won't be judge to the man for taking his own life, whether it's the man in the obituary or not, that's between him and his beliefs. But, I will admit that I am self centered enough to be "Angry" at him for doing this act at a place I go for enjoyment and relaxation. Not to mention the long term implications and effects on the shooting club I belong to, and the public view of the sport I enjoy. My best thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the man, but I wish he would have chosen not to end his life at a place I go, and many of my friends and good people go to enjoy and enhance their lives.

Top Bottom