• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Saw on the news, a 70+ year old woman was knocked down & robbed, in the parking lot of a Marsh grocery store. At 7:30 AM. On the North side of Indy, in the Nora area. This is not exactly a bad or rough neighborhood. This was the third time in a couple of weeks. Marsh has decided to hire an armed guard to patrol the parking lot.

Man, this just goes to show, Violent Crime just doesn't happen to the poeple who are in the wrong place when they shouldn't be.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My g/f lives out near Eagle Creek and I almost never go anywhere in that area w/o at least my 380. You can never be sure when or where trouble might come at you, the best you can do is be ready.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I live near Eagle Creek and have for 18 years. I also get the monthly crime reports for this area. I don't know what you're talking about unless you really mean 38th St.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It doesn't matter where you live, there is scum EVERYWHERE! I don't go anywhere without my .45. I live in a really quiet, somewhat secluded part of town, but I don't let that lull me into a false sense of security. Be alert, and be armed, at all times.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    It doesn't matter where you live, there is scum EVERYWHERE! I don't go anywhere without my .45. I live in a really quiet, somewhat secluded part of town, but I don't let that lull me into a false sense of security. Be alert, and be armed, at all times.

AMEN brother. some friends of mine make cracks about me carry a gun just to go wash the truck. but you never know.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    While we live in a pretty good neighborhood (New Agusta/Eagle Creek - across I-465 from the Eagle Creek Range) we've had two attempted childnapping incidents this year. I generally put on my EDC when I get dressed in the morning, and take it off when I go to bed at night. To be fair, though, I was doing that before those things happened...

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    where we live and our belief on the safety of that area is not as important as the realization of the fact that predators roam..............

jake

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I live near Eagle Creek and have for 18 years. I also get the monthly crime reports for this area. I don't know what you're talking about unless you really mean 38th St.
    I don't live far from there. The new CP Morgan neighborhoods at 56th & Raceway are the #1 emergency/disturbance runs for the Hendrick's County Sheriff's department, in the entire county.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't remember exactly where, but I saw some LEO on TV say that as unemployment benefits run out, crime will go up.
    His attitude was: no unemployment + no job = you have to steal.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm talking about. That corridor betwwen 34 & 38th st's can be pretty dicey. I went to the PNC bank at 38th and Georgetown and thought I was in a prison because there is so much security. The Eagle Creek area and the park is great! Sorry, I wasn't trying to trash your neighborhood.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah, that is exactly what I'm talking about. That corridor betwwen 34 & 38th st's can be pretty dicey. I went to the PNC bank at 38th and Georgetown and thought I was in a prison because there is so much security. The Eagle Creek area and the park is great! Sorry, I wasn't trying to trash your neighborhood.
    I didn't think you were, just trying to clarify the area. I live about a 3-iron from the park. We have 1 or 2 incidents in my neighborhood on the crime report per year. The area you're referring to is just littered with little icons on the report, maybe 20-30 every month.

As to the 56th & Raceway area, that's just shocking to me. I had no idea.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Same thing here..

I didn't think you were, just trying to clarify the area. I live about a 3-iron from the park. We have 1 or 2 incidents in my neighborhood on the crime report per year. The area you're referring to is just littered with little icons on the report, maybe 20-30 every month.

As to the 56th & Raceway area, that's just shocking to me. I had no idea.
    ^^^Here also. Started about 7-8 years ago-the same time the builders put together Section 8 housing on the South end of McCordsville.
    The local LEO's have said that the 1st. murder will come out of that addition-mostly drug related.:ar15:

BlisterPac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    ^^^Here also. Started about 7-8 years ago-the same time the builders put together Section 8 housing on the South end of McCordsville.
    The local LEO's have said that the 1st. murder will come out of that addition-mostly drug related.:ar15:

BillyBob - just curious - which neighborhood? We just moved to McCordsville area earlier this year.

Thanks

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't remember exactly where, but I saw some LEO on TV say that as unemployment benefits run out, crime will go up.
    His attitude was: no unemployment + no job = you have to steal.

/\ /\

Accurate story!

During my working days I knew people who were employed but had big drug habits. Those folks have to be hurting these days. Low prospects for employment no savings and a high burn rate.

Top Bottom