• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Swore I'd never have one. Just wasn't interested in what you get for the $$ when you can buy multiple polymers for the same price.

Until I shot my younger brother's DW V-Bob.

Hello my little friend! Just picked it up tonight at Marksman Shooting Supplies in Westfield. Really great store BTW. If you're around the north side of Indy, it's very much worth a visit.

Can not WAIT to get some range time in! Tolerances are just insanely machined, the night sights are dead-on (according to my laser bore sight tool), and everything has a nice, positive "snickity-click-clack" to it. Racking the slide gives a beautiful "swish" sound.

Sorry about not turning the flash off first...

DW%20V-Bob1_zpset7tz5kd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice, congrats! I agree with others that one is not enough. Soon after picking up my SR1911 I picked up two more 1911's and I'm always on the verge of buying another... :):

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Very nice, congrats! I agree with others that one is not enough. Soon after picking up my SR1911 I picked up two more 1911's and I'm always on the verge of buying another... :):
    Really sweet looking gun! Man am I glad that I am not sick like you guys, hey gotta go looks like Buds is calling to confirm my order from yesterday. LOL.psyko

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    1911's carry quite the sickness... I went to buy one and had two by the end of the day, and have acquired yet another since then.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I love that gun OP!! I've wanted a vbob for a while now ever since I saw my buddy's at USDS (gun shop). Feel very nice in the hand!

This is where my younger brother (45 x 11) got his V-Bob last summer, at USDS. His is just a crazy sweet shooter, really hoping mine is everything his has turned out to be!

As for the deal I got, I ran across a NIB "blem" on Gunbroker. I can't find the blem (there's got to be a blem somewhere in the finish that I haven't discovered yet), and it has full factory mechanical warranty. This ended up knocking a couple hundred off the "cash price" I saw on Bud's website for the same gun.

Thanks everyone for the great comments, I'm pretty excited about this! And, yeah, I have already noticed (as mentioned by TT, Burnette, and CM) that I may have the 1911 infection I used to read so much about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is where my younger brother (45 x 11) got his V-Bob last summer, at USDS. His is just a crazy sweet shooter, really hoping mine is everything his has turned out to be!

As for the deal I got, I ran across a NIB "blem" on Gunbroker. I can't find the blem (there's got to be a blem somewhere in the finish that I haven't discovered yet), and it has full factory mechanical warranty. This ended up knocking a couple hundred off the "cash price" I saw on Bud's website for the same gun.

Thanks everyone for the great comments, I'm pretty excited about this! And, yeah, I have already noticed (as mentioned by TT, Burnette, and CM) that I may have the 1911 infection I used to read so much about.

:koolaid:

I have had the fever since I was 12 years old.....:)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    1911's carry quite the sickness... I went to buy one and had two by the end of the day, and have acquired yet another since then.

I'd rather have Herpes. It would be easier to get rid of than the 1911 bug I've been carrying around since my USMC days in the late 60s. I fell in love with 1911s and M-14s then. NO cure known to man

Top Bottom