Not open for further replies.

devastatingpov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Bloomington
    Hello all,

Another new member from Bloomington here. I've lurked here for just a little bit, but I decided to finally sign up because I got my LCH permit in the mail this week. :patriot:

In another new user from Bloomington thread, https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/dblagent.htmldblagent correctly points out that are plenty of shooters in b-town but no range.. I wish there were more shooting options closer to town. :dunno:

INGunOwners seems really inviting and I'm glad I found this forum. Looking forward to all the great posts! :yesway:

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    welcome:patriot:, maybe that new training center for LEO on the southside of Bloomington will enventually be open to the public

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Welcome! I lived in Bloomington for 8 years. I have heard good things about a range in Martinsville but have never been.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Welcome! Get around, get known, be a presence and surely someone will get you to a range once the weather warms up a bit. And, yes, the martinsville range IS nice.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Man, Bloomington has grown to a much bigger showing on here than I ever thought when this site first came up. Glad to see it, and welcome to the site!

Hoping I can rejoin Martinsville again next year, had to drop this year and need to get back.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Man, Bloomington has grown to a much bigger showing on here than I ever thought when this site first came up. Glad to see it, and welcome to the site!

Hoping I can rejoin Martinsville again next year, had to drop this year and need to get back.
    Yep. Glad to see more of us :D welcome to the site!

Maybe we will have to dig a berm at the Hoosier National Forest
    I'll start the hole, but I won't be using a shovel :ar15:

There's still a 3ft long by 1 foot deep and wide hole from when I was there with my AR over 3 months ago lol

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    welcome:patriot:, maybe that new training center for LEO on the southside of Bloomington will enventually be open to the public

Stay tuned...

Scuttlebutt is that they are trying to figure a way to make money on the facility by charging other departments to train there and bringing in guest instructors. Seems the operational cost is astronomical because of the ventilation and filtering system. I know someone who's on the committee and he plans on bringing up civilian training. Now this doesn't mean civies could ever recreationally shoot there, but that range really isn't set up for that. It is a VERY nice training facility with completely open lanes (no dividers) and computer controlled targets including runners. It'll handle carbines as well (up to .308).

This is what I know from a friend of mine, things change almost daily within the PD so don't get your hopes up. I'm cautiously optimistic and as soon as I heard about the range being built, I planted the idea of civilian training in my buddie's head. Now if only I were a Jedi...:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom