Another new "rule" incoming? No more private sales without a ffl involved?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And some will do it but screw you over. I think its Indiana Gun Club that charges a premium for doing a transfer for any gun they sell that you buy from someone else. I think it was like $25 if its not something they can get, but $50 or $75 if you just chose not to buy from them.
    That's their rules of how the want to conduct their business. As long as they are upfront with it, it is what it is.

First rule of FFL is call them and understand their rules/costs before having anything shipped to them.

Last edited:

11infantryb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    I was recently reading up on this subject. I get why people want to be able to sell their private property to others. But I also know that selling a firearm to a guy in a Lowes parking lot and checking his DL isn't necessarily the end all be all to make sure he's not a felon. Cudos to those that check for pink card licenses, but you don't need those anymore (constitutional carry kind of ruined that) and a person could have a lifetime permit and have received a felony afterward. I'm not against ending private sales but I'm not against having to go through a FFL. As that would also help boost some of our LGS who lose a lot of business to online retailers.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was recently reading up on this subject. I get why people want to be able to sell their private property to others. But I also know that selling a firearm to a guy in a Lowes parking lot and checking his DL isn't necessarily the end all be all to make sure he's not a felon. Cudos to those that check for pink card licenses, but you don't need those anymore (constitutional carry kind of ruined that) and a person could have a lifetime permit and have received a felony afterward. I'm not against ending private sales but I'm not against having to go through a FFL. As that would also help boost some of our LGS who lose a lot of business to online retailers.
    Absolutely not.
    No.
    End discussion.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And some will do it but screw you over. I think its Indiana Gun Club that charges a premium for doing a transfer for any gun they sell that you buy from someone else. I think it was like $25 if its not something they can get, but $50 or $75 if you just chose not to buy from them.
    Heres a question, if you owned a gunshop would you transfer a firearm for a $25.00 fee when you have one on the shelf or you can get, that you would make $50.00 to $250.00 on?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If thats how you really feel, I would suggest you move to say, NJ, MD, NY, RI, OR, WA, Minn, Ill.
    They have the same beliefs as you sir.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Very informative, thanks for the value added. Please feel free to elaborate because comments like yours are not helping fight against anti 2A agendas.
    Loads of Irony sir in that top post.
    You might want to read that 2nd Amendment again sir.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Nobody should have to have a "background check" to exercise a basic constitutional right.

If someone is a felon, they're the ones committing a crime, not you. I am not interested in being forced to pay middlemen for a service I don't want.

11infantryb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Loads of Irony sir in that top post.
    You might want to read that 2nd Amendment again sir.
    I am very familiar with it. I am for civilians owning anything they want. But there is a fine line between a well regulated militia and letting anyone own/buy firearms without background checks. If you can show me where it says that in the second amendment I'll buy you a beer.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am very familiar with it. I am for civilians owning anything they want. But there is a fine line between a well regulated militia and letting anyone own/buy firearms without background checks. If you can show me where it says that in the second amendment I'll buy you a beer.
    Here's a Grunt that's gonna teach you something.
    "SHALL NOT INFRINGE"
    A background check is an Infringement. Thanks for playing.
    Oh, and I don't drink beer.

11infantryb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Nobody should have to have a "background check" to exercise a basic constitutional right.

If someone is a felon, they're the ones committing a crime, not you. I am not interested in being forced to pay middlemen for a service I don't want.
    I 100% agree with you. Again, I am trying to just have an informative conversation. What if it was free, would that change your mind (if the feds made them free)? There are those that are willfully ignorant and are willing to sell to anyone to make a buck and I don't think that should be the case.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort

Can you show me where in the 2nd A it calls for background checks?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can you show me where in the Second Amendment it says the right is conditioned on a permission slip from the government and a laundry list of requirements and disqualifiers?

Behold how the Overton Window moves. Do you know that until the mid 1990s, nobody had ever filled out a 4473 asking for permission to buy a gun?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I 100% agree with you. Again, I am trying to just have an informative conversation. What if it was free, would that change your mind (if the feds made them free)? There are those that are willfully ignorant and are willing to sell to anyone to make a buck and I don't think that should be the case.
    I'm from Maryland, The more you post the more I really believe you would be quite happy where I grew up at.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So you are for violent criminals owning machine guns legally? Because your statement would imply that.
    Freedom , true Freedom is a uncomfortable scary thing. As it should be.
    That comes with "Shall Not Infringe"

You honestly think that criminals of any sort don't have illegal automatic weapons now?
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

11infantryb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Can you show me where in the Second Amendment it says the right is conditioned on a permission slip from the government and a laundry list of requirements and disqualifiers?

Behold how the Overton Window moves. Do you know that until the mid 1990s, nobody had ever filled out a 4473 asking for permission to buy a gun?
    My brother in Christ your laundry list of "requirements and disqualifiers" is like 12 questions and really has to do with 3 things. 1. Are you a criminal 2. Are you a citizen 3. Are you addicted to any substances

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nope

Top Bottom