Another possiable war comming between Japan and China.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    And, since the article appeared in January, has anyone seen anything that makes you believe that things have gotten worse between China and Japan in the last 6 months? I haven't. Sounds more like sensationalist reporting than substantive, IMHO.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The U.S. is taking no official position, but it is expected to honor its US-Japan security treatment signed back in the year 1960.

I wonder whose side we'd take? I'm not so sure it would be so cut and dry as what some old 53 year old paper says...we don't honor obligations outlined written on old pieces of paper.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And, since the article appeared in January, has anyone seen anything that makes you believe that things have gotten worse between China and Japan in the last 6 months? I haven't. Sounds more like sensationalist reporting than substantive, IMHO.

There's another thread recently started containing an article about the Russians and their provoking military exercises. It's not so far fetched to believe 2 old allies might be preparing for a future confrontation.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Agreed. And the Chinese were flying near the Senkaku islands, not the Japanese home islands. In fact Taiwan probably came closer to war with Japan than did China.

taiwan_japan_waterfight.jpg

Chinese F-15? Maybe one of the below, with Nationalist Markings...

Polikarpov_I-15bis_China.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Chinese (and the Russians) have been stealing any of our technology that they couldn't buy (and some that they could buy) since WWII. This is one of the reasons I find it difficult to get too exercised about international "outrage" over the revelation that the US spies on EVERYBODY. EVERYBODY spies on us, too. Information is the lifeblood of modern polities of all sorts; VERIFIABLE information is more precious than gold.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I would love to see those two throw down. About time we get some Asian-on-Asian action in the heavyweight class!

**** man, I would get cable again if that happened, just to watch CNN all day...

p.s. Though they'd likely be the underdog, I would side with the Sons of Nippon on general principle

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    It'd turn into a great big mess over a few islands and some oil. It's all a crock of s**t. Let them kill each other, we don't have the money to finance a war for Japan and ourselves. Everybody knows if they go to war, we'd be funding it, that's how alliances with us and other countries work.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If Japan got into a shooting war, wouldn't our defense treaty with them suck us into the shooting as well?

YEP ! This series of "altercations" involves more than just China and Japan .

An article came out last week reporting that Japanese fighters had been sent up to meet Russian bombers that had been flying over the western pacific and the disputed islands (reportedly flying approx. 7 hours) as part of their " readiness drill " .

Kinda funny how we're not hearing anything about that .

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Chinese do not have F-15s or F-16s for that matter. The vast majority of what they consider their "front line fighters" are of ex-Soviet design or reverse engineered from them. They seem to have had some success in stealing technology from us and apparently incorporated some of that in newer designs. The problem for the Chinese is that it takes time, regardless of the technology available, to work out command, control and communications systems and procedures and to train to them. There is also the issue of pilot training. I doubt seriously if this will be allowed to escalate to a "total war" situation. Although a brief limited war may actually be in China's best interest in that it will provide real time experience for their pilots and will make very apparent any shortfalls in tactics and C3. Will be interesting to monitor.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The Chinese (and the Russians) have been stealing any of our technology that they couldn't buy (and some that they could buy) since WWII. This is one of the reasons I find it difficult to get too exercised about international "outrage" over the revelation that the US spies on EVERYBODY. EVERYBODY spies on us, too. Information is the lifeblood of modern polities of all sorts; VERIFIABLE information is more precious than gold.

When I worked for Congress I went to briefings (non-classified) on Chinese business activities. DOD investigators would often that "U.S. Only" contracts would be given to a U.S. firm whom the Chinese would then buy, hollow out, leave a storefront and move the manufacturing to China. They say that the most authentic Chinese food is usually available near defense industries and bases because the restaurants are used as spy posts. I don't we'd last a month against China. If we had this administration at the helm, we wouldn't even have the month.

Top Bottom