• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Freedom of the press? Not unless you threaten to call their boss

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pi8R_FUGys&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 6'4" Cop Bullies 4'11" Videographer as She Videos a BP Worker Taken Away in Ambulance[/ame]

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    thats what you get when police blindly enforce their own opinions or the unjust orders of their bosses.

a lot of police claim that they will always do the right and constitutional thing, but if that means losing their job, i think the numbers of those that would do right, drops down signifigantly.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Those nags aren't investigative journalists. She tries to sound so conspiracy, I know.

-But they really do have the right to do what they want.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    This type of videotaping is nothing more than a stunt to bring about things that aren't happening for their own personal fight for 15 minutes. Rubbernecking in general is sooo annoying in any situation. And she was impeding when she got up close to the ambulance and forced everyone to pay attention to her naggy voice asking questions instead of doing their jobs and trying to save lives. Yes, the situation could have been handled better, but how about instead of worrying about videotaping someones personal health issue, go pick up a brush and scrub down a manatee with all your free time.

10 dollars says she loves Reebok walking shoes.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Those nags aren't investigative journalists. She tries to sound so conspiracy, I know.

-But they really do have the right to do what they want.

Not quite. Media does not have the right to directly interfere with an operation, and they do not have the right to trespass on private property. A properly trained reporter knows this. The hacks and wannabes (90% of them out there) don't know or don't care.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Not quite. Media does not have the right to directly interfere with an operation, and they do not have the right to trespass on private property. A properly trained reporter knows this. The hacks and wannabes (90% of them out there) don't know or don't care.

And you're suggesting that police ought to use force to remove people from private property even if the owner doesn't complain?

How do you explain him stopping the harassment when he thought the woman would call his boss?

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    This woman shouldn't be surprised, you take a confrontational position with an officer, don't be surprised when they get confrontational back. I don't agree with what's going on, from either point of view. However, I think the officer was way more calm than I would have been given her nagging.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    And you're suggesting that police ought to use force to remove people from private property even if the owner doesn't complain?

How do you explain him stopping the harassment when he thought the woman would call his boss?

Calm down Francis. I suggested no such thing. I was responding to:
    "-But they really do have the right to do what they want."

If you are going to try to create rhetorical arguments then at least try to ensure you're not ascribing motivations where none existed.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    10% cause 90% of the problems.

If you don't have anything better to do than this, examine your life.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    From the video the woman sounds like a ASSHAT. Not sure why she was acting like a little punk, but she was way out of line. Looks to me like she was attempting to get a rise out of the police officer but smarting off to him. If she had NOT been asking questions of the EMT's and just stayed a safe distance back, she would not have had her video...

INGunGuy

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    10% cause 90% of the problems.

If you don't have anything better to do than this, examine your life.

Wow. Here is the ladie's website.

Home

Her home has just underwent the largest eco-disaster of modern times and she would like more answers than what she is getting from the government or BP. She has held jobs in the entertainment industry for quite a while including casting and directing. She is a published author and holds several degrees. Her current path in life was to start her own production company. An entrepreneur - the American dream.\

I would say she has examined her life quite a bit.

Do you feel the same way about the pimp and ho that went into ACORN offices?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    WTF? This is an example of police intimidation?

It's obvious this women has an agenda, with a screen name. Nevermind she went looking for trouble.

The Officer was quite professional, IMO.

Why the heck do I need to see sick BP workers? She felt bullied? Backed up? Well she put HERSELF into that situation.

This is a poor example, and the lady sounds like a liberal freak, who set the situation up, and then played victim.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    WTF? This is an example of police intimidation?

It's obvious this women has an agenda, with a screen name. Nevermind she went looking for trouble.

The Officer was quite professional, IMO.

Why the heck do I need to see sick BP workers? She felt bullied? Backed up? Well she put HERSELF into that situation.

This is a poor example, and the lady sounds like a liberal freak, who set the situation up, and then played victim.

Agreed. This woman's true problem is obvious...

asshat4.jpg

Listening to her whine on and on makes me want to set fire to a litter of kittens to hear a sound far less annoying than this harpy's voice... :xmad:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Ahh. So since you don't agree with her, her freedom of the press goes out the window. I understand now.

Top Bottom