• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They don't need a stinkin' warrant. The cops just happened to be passing by, peeked thru the window and observered some eatin' and drinkin' goin' on afterhours. That gave them PC to bust the door in and go to work.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Well hell, it's Atlanta, it's not like there is anything else for the cops to be doing late at night. These people were a serious threat to the safety of law abiding citizens. (my phone won't do purple).

I weap over what has become of our country. But hey, it's being investigated, surely that will turn up any wrong doing.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Cops were just PO'd cause there wasnt anyone in the parking lot they could follow for two blocks and pull over for DUI.

Warrant? We don't need no stinking warrants! If we didn't break in, they would have consumed all the evidence.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    ^^

:laugh:

exactly, those dam criminals was destroying evidence. So naturally that created exigent circumstance enough to forego the need for a warrant. I mean, we should be thankful. Just think how many dangerous criminals were apprehended in this perfectly legal, and righteous execution of police power.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here's a bit about the "Atlanta Eagle" club raid from 2009, mentioned in the article.

Federal lawsuit filed against Atlanta police over raid at gay club

The suit alleges undercover officers entered the bar before 11 p.m. and had a drink, then later "began screaming at patrons and employees to 'hit the floor' and get down on the ground.""Several plaintiffs were in terror and feared for their lives, believing that the Eagle was being robbed or invaded by criminals or gay-bashers who might kill or injure them," the suit continues.

Other officers came in, including the "Red Dog Unit," a special force that provides "aggressive police presence" in areas with high drug use, the suit said, citing the Atlanta Police Web site. Many of the officers in that unit were wearing black, paramilitary-style clothing not immediately recognizable as police uniforms, the suit says.

While lying on the floor, some people asked permission to move away from the broken glass and were told to "stay down and shut the [expletive] up," the suit alleges. In all, they lay on the floor for 30 minutes to more than two hours, as they were released one by one or in small groups, the suit says.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For INGO members unfamiliar with Hotlanta, the Red Dog Unit was a drug enforcement unit in Atlanta. Run Every Drug Dealer Out of Georgia.

It was formed to target drug crimes but soon expanded into all kinds of rogue operations including shake downs of the gay district, hassling attractive co-eds in the colleges in Atlanta and, of course, keeping brown down.

It became a liability magnet for the city and was disbanded earlier this year.

Police Red Dog unit disbanded in Atlanta

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    For INGO members unfamiliar with Hotlanta, the Red Dog Unit was a drug enforcement unit in Atlanta.

It was formed to target drug crimes but soon expanded into all kinds of rogue operations including shake downs of the gay district, hassling attractive co-eds in the colleges in Atlanta and, of course, keeping brown down.

It became a liability magnet for the city and was disbanded earlier this year.

Police Red Dog unit disbanded in Atlanta

I wouldn't mind hassling a few attractive co-eds myself. :D

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I just dont understand why its ok for the government to tell a business what time they have to close, or what days they can or cant be open. It is a total abuse of power.

God, they are going to be controlling EVERYTHING soon.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    another case of jbts gone wild. people sitting in a bar drinking and eating nobody hurting nobody and here come the keystone kops kicking in doors and threatening them. why do the police feel the need to do this?

History has proven there is never a shortage of simple men willing to follow orders.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I just dont understand why its ok for the government to tell a business what time they have to close, or what days they can or cant be open. It is a total abuse of power.

God, they are going to be controlling EVERYTHING soon.

Ever try to buy a car on Sunday in Indiana???? Or a six-pack of beer on Sunday at your local Kroger??? I agree, what right does the state have in this kind of regulation?

Top Bottom