Another reason I carry everyday, no matter what my wife thinks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    This guy is a friend of a friend. If we needed another excuse to carry.

I am truly sorry to hear of your friend being attacked in such a manner. Hope he has a fast and complete recovery.

Don't see how carrying would help in such a situation, story says he was blind sided.

jhutt50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Saw the same story and in the same boat. He is a buddy of a friend of mine as well. Saw it on facebook this morning. Always leave the house with my G19.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Don't see how carrying would help in such a situation, story says he was blind sided.

Not saying this was the case here, but when 99/100 people say, "they came out of nowhere"...they came from somewhere, they just weren't fully aware of their situation. It's an easy thing to do, and carrying a gun doesn't help if you aren't able to deploy it in time, a good reminder to all of us.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Man attacked on street in critical condition

Is this the article? I don't have FB but when I clicked the link, this URL was displayed.

Not sure having a firearm would have done your friend much good. Surprise sucker punches don't leave much room for response. However, his companions could have.

On the topic of the suspect: are they really just gonna give a height and weight description and nothing else? Hair color, skin color, clothing?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Man attacked on street in critical condition

Is this the article? I don't have FB but when I clicked the link, this URL was displayed.

Not sure having a firearm would have done your friend much good. Surprise sucker punches don't leave much room for response. However, his companions could have.

On the topic of the suspect: are they really just gonna give a height and weight description and nothing else? Hair color, skin color, clothing?

Just like mentioned above, the victim here may not have had any use for a weapon, but one of his friends could have helped at least catch the BG.

88GT, thanks for mentioning the description! What the hell is that? I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for a... person ....?

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Just like mentioned above, the victim here may not have had any use for a weapon, but one of his friends could have helped at least catch the BG.

88GT, thanks for mentioning the description! What the hell is that? I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for a... person ....?

The comments on the article have nailed it. This is what the country has come to.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon

^^^ This is what I was talking about.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It might "fan the flames" if it turned out the guy was black. Better to just search for the perp by pant size I guess.

It's also amazing how FB is the main way we're hearing about this local issue rather than the news. If the guy was black it could be spun as way worse than Sanford's situation and yet there's silence.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    It might "fan the flames" if it turned out the guy was black. Better to just search for the perp by pant size I guess.

It's also amazing how FB is the main way we're hearing about this local issue rather than the news. If the guy was black it could be spun as way worse than Sanford's situation and yet there's silence.

And if he were shot and killed, there wouldn't be nationwide protests of people holding up pictures of him when he was 12.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Maybe the surveillance cameras will show more than what we have been told. Hopefully they will announce this on the news. I hope the bg's are found and justice is served. To be aware of your surroundings at all times is a good defense as well.
    Prayers are sent to the victim and his family.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This guy is a friend of a friend. If we needed another excuse to carry.

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...bkFC56Vod4ugXj6a3AYQABZdzsn8REJ-nOmPo0D4isLjI

First of all, I do pray that your friend will experience a healing that everyone in that hospital can only describe as a miracle. I pray his family's faith will not fail to anger, bitterness, and thoughts of revenge. Lastly, I sincerely pray that the the heart of the man who assaulted him will turn and he surrenders to the authorities.

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009

This WAS on the local news yesterday at 5. Also said that the guy that did this was described as a white male.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Not saying this was the case here, but when 99/100 people say, "they came out of nowhere"...they came from somewhere, they just weren't fully aware of their situation. It's an easy thing to do, and carrying a gun doesn't help if you aren't able to deploy it in time, a good reminder to all of us.

lesson here is don't let someone inside your comfort zone or close enough to punch you.

I saw video recently of guys at a downtown crosswalk in unnamed city waiting for the light to change - bunch of young kids. One guys turns around and sucker punches a stranger in the face and knocks him out. The group of twenty somethings laugh about it. They were doing it for kicks. Pissed me off something fierce. Anyway, In public or downtown and other crowded places ,I try to be aware of what people close to me are doing with their hands.

Prolly wouldn't have time to draw in the situation at the crosswalk, but maybe could deflect the punch or duck and then draw.

Top Bottom