• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    "TodayPolice heard no gunfire after they arrived but waited for about an hour before entering the building to make sure it was safe for officers." This is what the news reported after the shooting today at the civic center in NY. If one person in there would of been armed and properly trained..Then the out come would of been diffrent.
    I don't want to offend any cops..Let me say that I know this is not the way all dept. Operate. My question is what's the point in calling the cops when you have a nut shooting up inocent people.When all the cops are going to do is stand out side and wait for him to get done shooting everyone.

Before you ask..Yes I've had to enter buildings where a gunman or gunmen was. Only they weren't armed with pistols they had AK,AKM,RPD & grenades. And they didn't speak english.

Perhaps all SWAT & SRT teams she be made up entirely of COMBAT VETS. This would insure a quiker resolution to the nut case with a gun scenario.

If you are one of the old school cops who get's the job done and lays it on the line day after day.To protect me and mine...I Salute you and thankyou.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I also heard that folks were barricaded down in the boiler room for several hours waiting for help.

If someone had been armed inside the center, a lot of lives could've been saved.

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    I'm far from the authority in tactical swat guy tactics but prior to Columbine most SOP's called for containment, wait for SWAT and such to arrive. We've been training for active shooters since 2000 or so. Get there quickly and deal with it as best as you can with what you carry.

Todd Levesque

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Indy, North
    "TodayPolice heard no gunfire after they arrived but waited for about an hour before entering the building to make sure it was safe for officers." This is what the news reported after the shooting today at the civic center in NY. If one person in there would of been armed and properly trained..Then the out come would of been diffrent.
    I don't want to offend any cops..Let me say that I know this is not the way all dept. Operate. My question is what's the point in calling the cops when you have a nut shooting up inocent people.When all the cops are going to do is stand out side and wait for him to get done shooting everyone.

Before you ask..Yes I've had to enter buildings where a gunman or gunmen was. Only they weren't armed with pistols they had AK,AKM,RPD & grenades. And they didn't speak english.

Perhaps all SWAT & SRT teams she be made up entirely of COMBAT VETS. This would insure a quiker resolution to the nut case with a gun scenario.

If you are one of the old school cops who get's the job done and lays it on the line day after day.To protect me and mine...I Salute you and thankyou.
    Could not agree more.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I also heard that folks were barricaded down in the boiler room for several hours waiting for help.

This is the way the majority of the civilied world is trained. You go hide or flee if you can and let the authorities save the rest. I can not blame them for locking themselves in the boiler room.

If someone had been armed inside the center, a lot of lives could've been saved.

Perhaps but sadly the sheep do not think that way. The 2 greeters/receptionist/secretarys would have died either way. Armed or not as they would not have ben ready for the gunman. A guard may or may not have stopped it so that gives us at least 2 to 3 dead.

Now if someone in the classroom (1st classroom gunman) entered was armed the odds could have changed in favor of the people.

However if the armed citizen was in a 2nd classroom then suspect that the 13 would still have been losted. Why?

Okay YOU are in the 2nd classroom and you are armed. What are you going to do?

1) Move with the rest of the class towards a safer area?
    2) Move towards where the gun shoots are coming from?

number 2 is the WRONG answer.
    a) You don't know how many armed people there are
    b) You don't know how is a BG and who is not

As such your duty is really to youself to get youself to a safer area and to your classmates to get them out to a safer area. If and only if your path is blocked are you going to be making a decision to use force.

In choosing option 2 you are endangering the lives of your classmates since you do not know if a BG will come into the class when you are away.

As such 2 to 13 were going to be lost today with or without an armed citizen.

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    We never know what we would do unless we were there, there are a lot of people who carry, but will forget they have a weapon when SHTF, so with that said, you have to look at for yourself first, but thats the world we live in, ANYTHING can happen at ANYTIME, is there a way to ALWAYS be prepared? I agree with Jediagh, there was gonna be lost

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Your limiting your scenario to one person being armed. What if it was five, ten or everyone? Either way who's to say it would have made a difference. All that this unfortunate incident did prove is that unarmed people are almost completely powerless to stop an armed aggressor. This is so sad....

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    That is the only place where the mass shootings should happen. The last time I was there about 14,000 rounds were fired. I think the worst injury was a bruised ego from slipping in the mud.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When was the last mass shooting at a gun range? All those people with guns, loaded guns even, shooting them even so the evil gun rays should be at the maximum turning everyone into slavering beasts ready to kill over the slightest whim. So there should be lots of massacres at gun ranges, right? :rolleyes:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._defense/12035-history_of_mass_shootings.html

Good point. And it probably will never happen (a mass shooting that is) because no "mass killer" is that STUPID to try it. He might kill 1 or 2 before the entire place unloads on him/her.

But alas I know I'm speaking to others that understand this here. Hard part is the sheep of Obamerica will never understand this and we will be lead down the road like England.

Note I said lead not that we will get there. ;)

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Good point. And it probably will never happen (a mass shooting that is) because no "mass killer" is that STUPID to try it. He might kill 1 or 2 before the entire place unloads on him/her.

But alas I know I'm speaking to others that understand this here. Hard part is the sheep of Obamerica will never understand this and we will be lead down the road like England.

Note I said lead not that we will get there. ;)

And it's our job to keep hammering that point home until a majority of the voting population "gets it."

Top Bottom