• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A timely article.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/at..._6f6fac3eaa-e2998a5f08-21460335#axzz62WXMU6Lu

I was not aware that BATFE changed their mind about which part was the receiver of the FNC rifle. It was the lower receiver before, it's the upper receiver now. I wonder what that means for the thousands of rifles and transferable MGs out there?

That ATF FNC change didn't really affect the machine gun versions of the FNC much. Just the semis.

The FNC is weird.
    Most all FNC select fire guns are S&H "Registered Sear" guns. Very few were "Registered Receiver" guns that Bill Fleming did. The serial number is on the upper receivers. The lowers weren't numbered at all. Some out there had numbers on both I hear. (depending on the importer) The lower can be bought and sold as a "part". (good luck finding one) It starts getting tricky if lower ever had a sear installed, because it now has that third hole. Most FNC owners just keep the receivers together anyway like they were married. And to pull just the sear out (sear IS the machine gun) to sell separately would be just silly.

Parts have dried up anyway so shooting them can be risky. When guys talk about needing spare parts it's cheaper in the long run to just buy another semi gun to have on hand just in case.

I still remember gun shows in the late 80s with dealers that had mutable tables full of all the variations of semi FNCs for around $500 a piece. Now the average is about $4000+ each.

Sad times. :(

So is the AA-12 still under attack?
    Can't they just add some kind of "bar" to block people from adding full auto parts? Like they did with all the other semi versions of full auto guns? Even though anything can be modified, fabricated and installed. These regulations are so stupid. Weren't they selling them on GB just 1 or 2 months ago? Like around $3000?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    A timely article.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/at..._6f6fac3eaa-e2998a5f08-21460335#axzz62WXMU6Lu

I was not aware that BATFE changed their mind about which part was the receiver of the FNC rifle. It was the lower receiver before, it's the upper receiver now. I wonder what that means for the thousands of rifles and transferable MGs out there?

The first 1000 AR180’s imported into the country from Japan (Howa) had the serial numbers on the upper receivers per the ATF. Then the ATF said the serial numbers had to be on the lower receivers. So, if you in possession of one of each, and “accidentally” got your uppers and lowers mixed up, you would have one totally unserialized rifle, and one with two totally different serial numbers!

Top Bottom