• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Buckle up, your life is about to change and it will be an adventure. You essentially get a "mini me", and your wife will get someone who will crawl right into her heart and stay there. There are a TON of books on raising boys but rest assured yours will find a way to be uniquely your special brand of crazy. Enjoy every minute of it, even those screaming/crying fits at 2:00am. Yes, he will do the random disgusting things that only baby boys can do (projectile poo comes to mind, and the magical snot rocket sneezes). He will also melt your heart when he calls your name with excitement and launches himself into your arms. God Bless you and your wife on this adventure, stay close to each other through the exhaustion. The best gift you can give that little guy is parents who love each other, love him, and look out for him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buckle up, your life is about to change and it will be an adventure. You essentially get a "mini me", and your wife will get someone who will crawl right into her heart and stay there. There are a TON of books on raising boys but rest assured yours will find a way to be uniquely your special brand of crazy. Enjoy every minute of it, even those screaming/crying fits at 2:00am. Yes, he will do the random disgusting things that only baby boys can do (projectile poo comes to mind, and the magical snot rocket sneezes). He will also melt your heart when he calls your name with excitement and launches himself into your arms. God Bless you and your wife on this adventure, stay close to each other through the exhaustion. The best gift you can give that little guy is parents who love each other, love him, and look out for him.

That is about the best way one can describe the journey.....:)

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words folks... brought a smile to me and the Wife's face when I showed her...

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    So, it's been quite a while since I was on INGO, thought I'd give a little update on this.

My son was born happy and healthy on Jan 16th.... and you can see how much time I've had to hang out on INGO (it's seriously been like 6 months at least...)

I'm officially no longer allowed to call my wife a wuss. 68 hours, no epidural, natural birth... none of that was by choice.
    If you've ever heard of HELLP syndrome, she was Class I (the worst kind). It was probably for the best that I never knew how close to losing her and/or our son we were.

Scary stuff aside, this is one hell of a ride!
    6lb 10oz
    My little dude is growing like a weed...
    Heard him take his first breath and I knew it was all over for me..
    I keep telling people that there is NOTHING anyone could ever have said or done to prepare me for this... I finally get it.
    My wife keeps telling me that 5 months old is too young to start shooting... we'll have to have a discussion about that.

Now that the lil guy is sleeping through the nights, I may find myself with more time to hang out here, but INGO has some tough competition.
    baby1.jpg

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    What a wonderful update! You are obviously smitten, as you should be.

Congratulations!

Top Bottom