• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ever notice how pols of all stripes are united in their determination to free us from our "Reliance on foreign oil"? I can't tell you how many times I cringed when I heard those words come out of W's mouth. It's gospel with both parties.

But let's think about this for a minute. I don't know how much oil there is in this planet, but we can probably all agree that we are using it faster than it is replenishing itself. So, it's a finite resource. Whether there are 50 years of oil left or 150, doesn't really matter. What really matters is what will happen when we finally start to run out.

If you think oil was high at $147/bbl last year, you ain't seen nothin' yet. As oil becomes scarce, it could easily reach $1000. As oil becomes more expensive, yes, markets will deliver alternative technologies to heat our homes, run our cars and light our offices. But, have you ever tried to fly a military jet on solar power? We've had some luck with nuclear powered ships but if you don't have oil, your military is grounded.

So, the last country on earth to have oil reserves will inevitably become the richest, most powerful nation on earth with a military that can easily dominate the rest of the world. I think the last 100 years have proven that only America can handle that kind of responsibility without attempting to become the world's despot.

So, I say, why don't we use up the Bad Guys' oil first (while its cheap) and save ours for when it really counts!:patriot:

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, but both parties seem hell-bent on changing that. I'm no tree-hugger but I say leave ANWAR alone until 2070 or so when it really means something.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Hook-E. I'm going to:hijack: my own thread. I checked out the 2A March website after seeing your sig. Interesting. I don't think I'll go to D.C., but I'd be interested in participating in one here in Indy where we can actually OC while demonstrating. Are you heading up the local organization?

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    But the problem lies in where Russia is coming into the artic and claiming the oil for itself while we sit back and play with ourselves. Russia is laying marks to most of the world's oil, China is drilling not to far off the coast of Florida sucking out the oil that we could be using ourselves (because they are drilling at an angle). The other countries of the world will not leave what oil is left off our shores, they are profiting off of it...

Top Bottom