Another Tourist Busted for Carrying in NY.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Read the first paragraph of that article and the linked article which appeared in 2013. Is this news reporting or the editorial page? Civil disobedience worked for the civil rights movement and appears to be working in various locations for the movement to legalize marijuana, despite being against federal law. Maybe it's time for a little civil disobedience when it comes to asinine gun laws. They can arrest one person here and there. Try that with hundreds, thousands, or millions.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    In 2010 I inadvertently tried to go up to the top of the Empire State Building with a small pocket knife. They told me I could leave it with security and pick it up on the way back down.

In retrospect I'm shocked it wasn't confiscated or worse. I've heard stories of people being arrested in NYC for less.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I guess what passes for common sense knowledge in the rest of the US, doesn't apply to Texans. Hells bells, it's common knowledge you cannot carry in NY or NYC unless you're a cop, and even Denny left his behind in Jersey.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Was just in New York state this past week and went naked. Even in the central part of the state with numerous Repeal the SAFE Act yard signs I did not want to deal with The Man. It wasn't rocket science to look up the rules and know that NY does not give a rats butt about citizens lives.

1915386_01_repeal_the_s_a_f_e_act_yard_si_640.jpg

At least the state of NY had all of their convicted felons locked up this weekend.

s048868261-300.jpg

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I simply made a list of places I would love to visit but will never step foot there because I would likely be jailed for a hollow point bullet rolling around in the trunk or something stupid. Why grace them with money for screwing us over, pick a destination that respects our RKBA and go there instead.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I visited the 9-11 Memorial last year and I was able to store my weapon in a locker at the Port Authority station with my LEO credentials. I wish that they would do it with just LTCH or something similar, so law abiding citizens can still protect themselves to and from the memorial. 9-11 is proof that law abiding citizens need to be armed. You never know when that law abiding citizen could be the one saving your loved one by stopping an attack or a threat.

On a separate note. The memorial is truly breath taking. I am glad I was able to go. It was a meaningful experience.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    In 2010 I inadvertently tried to go up to the top of the Empire State Building with a small pocket knife. They told me I could leave it with security and pick it up on the way back down.

In retrospect I'm shocked it wasn't confiscated or worse. I've heard stories of people being arrested in NYC for less.

How was anyone aware you had a knife ? Pat down, X-ray, . . . ?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Read the first paragraph of that article and the linked article which appeared in 2013. Is this news reporting or the editorial page? Civil disobedience worked for the civil rights movement and appears to be working in various locations for the movement to legalize marijuana, despite being against federal law. Maybe it's time for a little civil disobedience when it comes to asinine gun laws. They can arrest one person here and there. Try that with hundreds, thousands, or millions.
    If you want to be arrested for a gun crime, go right over to Chicago and walk down Main Street open carrying. People aren't going to take such a risk.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you want to be arrested for a gun crime, go right over to Chicago and walk down Main Street open carrying. People aren't going to take such a risk.

If and when the time is right, we will. It takes a "movement" as in civil rights, labor, LBGT rights... It starts on the fringes before picking up momentum until mass*velocity becomes unstoppable. This country needs a "Revival of Liberty" movement. 2A rights are a subset of such a movement.

This is why I believe in the missions of Project Appleseed and Revere's Riders. Go forth and enlighten the masses.

For the record, individuals are being arrested for carrying where they should "know better." And public sentiment is they should not be charged and the laws changed. Legislators and Prosecutors are coming around, slowly. This... Is the beginning of... The Movement.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I visited the 9-11 Memorial last year and I was able to store my weapon in a locker at the Port Authority station with my LEO credentials. I wish that they would do it with just LTCH or something similar, so law abiding citizens can still protect themselves to and from the memorial. 9-11 is proof that law abiding citizens need to be armed. You never know when that law abiding citizen could be the one saving your loved one by stopping an attack or a threat.

On a separate note. The memorial is truly breath taking. I am glad I was able to go. It was a meaningful experience.
    I wondered about that. Some places won't even do that. The Javits Center is a NOGO even for NYPD.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Didn't fix anything. Just changed it to avoid the truth.

Truth according to who? You? You stated that Texans have no common sense, based on an anecdote of one couple doing something dumb in NYC. Conversely, I hold New Yorkers have no sense, because they collectively voted for this nonsense, or voted for the people who enacted it.

Top Bottom