• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Americans are being whacked, and we aren't even allowed to know why?

I'm defending Due Process. If the Nazis got trials, so should these flakey excuses for threats to America.

If trials for these dirtbags are soo ****ing important to you, how bout you man up and go get them? It's easy to sit back and cry foul (and expected from you), if you believe so deeply, put your own ass on the line rather than demanding that other's asses be put at risk.

You mourn the loss of these terrorists yet I've never seen a post about you concerned for the welfare of our troops. Wouldn't bother you in the least if 100 young men died just as long as these dirtbags get a trial. I guess as long as it isn't you that has to do the deed. Typical.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The failed premise being that I would have engaged in war with the terrorists to begin with. I would not have, were I the one to make that choice.

Then you would have failed in your duty as Commander In Chief.

Most of the questions you raise are situational and tactical. How in the blazes could the POTUS general overall strategy also include individual situational tactics? I'm the president (per Jeremy's post) not the tactical coordinators, squad leaders, or officer staff in charge of the missions who should be creating the SOPs for this sort of thing.

Your Joint Chiefs and other senior commanders would tell you your strategy is doomed to fail. No one serious would put forth a proposal anywhere near what you suggest. It is moonbattery. Implementing your idea would make America look stupid as well as anemic.

As to the idea of principled greater good vs. pragmatism (soldiers vs. unmanned drone strike, in this case) we are already following a concept of principled greater good, I'm merely following it to it's full conclusion. We already follow international laws, prisoner of war rules, and are demonizing (rightly!) these terrorists for slaughtering innocents in order to accomplish their goals. If we're going to go all pragmatic we ought to do so in a manner that would make the Assyrians and Huns seem like a bunch of pacifists and abandon this pretense of being in any way superior to the terrorists we're attempting to kill. This halfway measure merely compromises principle when convenient or excusable and makes us look like indecisive fools.

You obviously have no idea about the international laws of war, and what exactly is the principled greater good your claim to champion? Killing hostile combatants is allowed. You aren't required to signal your intent, and the Marquis of Queensbury rules don't apply.

It's as idiotic as yelling "stop or I'll shoot" to someone trying to rob a grocery store, allowing the perpetrator to kill someone. Hesitation is weakness.

I agree with one thing you said. We should make war hurt so bad noone wants to engage us and if they do they beg us to stop.

The kid they killed was 6 years old when the towers fell, and his dad was hanging out with his CIA handlers at the Pentagon. 9/11 is going to have to stop being the justification for everything sooner or later.

This is so full of fail I don't know where to start. 9/11 wasn't the justification for killing Al Awaliki. It was his continued planning of hostile acts against the United States and his refusal to subject himself to US jurisdiction. His 17 year old son was at worst an unfortunate casualty of war. At best he was a co-conspirator.

You were probably what, 13 on 9/11? What you know about the run up you've read in the history books and been taught in school. It's no wonder you have a skewed perspective.

Americans are being whacked, and we aren't even allowed to know why?

We know why. You refuse to accept the reason. He was engaged in hostile military actions against America.

I'm defending Due Process. If the Nazis got trials, so should these flakey excuses for threats to America.

You're not defending Due Process - you're trying to redefine it. Due Process <> trial. Due Process = defined and fair processes and procedures.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    We know why. You refuse to accept the reason. He was engaged in hostile military actions against America.

Or you refuse to except that speaking words and not comitting any known crimes against the US shouldnt be grounds for death by hellfire.

If these people are actively plotting or executing plans to comit acts of terror and we have 100% proof, and cannot capture them. Then that changes things drastically.

But that internet guy we killed, far as i know the only thing he did was post anti American sentiment on the internet. Without a trial, the gov. can say he did anything, even though there is no proof of any of it

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Or you refuse to except that speaking words and not comitting any known crimes against the US shouldnt be grounds for death by hellfire.

If these people are actively plotting or executing plans to comit acts of terror and we have 100% proof, and cannot capture them. Then that changes things drastically.

But that internet guy we killed, far as i know the only thing he did was post anti American sentiment on the internet. Without a trial, the gov. can say he did anything, even though there is no proof of any of it

If all you know is that he posted some anti-American sentiment on the Internet you know very little. According to unclassified reports we collected intelligence demonstrating he was tied to several past hostile actions aginst the US, was actively engaged in recruiting like minded combatants, and was engaged in planning future events. The evidence was compelling enough to the people in power (who BTW share your worldview) that action needed to be taken to protect America and her interests.

He received due process under US law, which doesn't include a trial or presenting evidence to ZA or RB for their approval, which by all indications would not have been forthcoming.

BBill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Doesn't really matter if the boy was 6YO or still in his mothers womb when the towers went down. At 16YO he damn sure knew who his father was and what he was about. There was obviously some intelligence on this "boy" or the strike wouldn't have happened, at least not with him as the obvious and admitted target of said strike. Just because you are not permitted to see or know that intelligence doesn't mean it isn't there. Just as others in this thread and other threads have said, just because some POS "news" agency reports topic ABC doesn't make it true.......conversly the other side is also true, just because the government said it doesn't automatically make it untrue.

As far as when the towers will stop being used as an excuse for these types of military operations..........when every last one of these SOB's that want us ALL dead (including YOU even if you are defending them) just because we are Americans are finally stopped of their oxygen stealing ways....................then and only then will we stop using that excuse. It's kind of like a school yard fight, we may not have started it but we are damn sure going to finish it. You can disagree with the methods all you want, but the amount of American lives saved by strikes like these are unknown and untold. Who knows, it might just be your life or the lives of those that you love that were saved by that strike.
    Well Said!!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If trials for these dirtbags are soo ****ing important to you, how bout you man up and go get them? It's easy to sit back and cry foul (and expected from you), if you believe so deeply, put your own ass on the line rather than demanding that other's asses be put at risk.

Actually I'd be fine if we just pulled our troops home. Its not me who DEMANDED we be the World Police. :rolleyes:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Actually I'd be fine if we just pulled our troops home. Its not me who DEMANDED we be the World Police. :rolleyes:

I'd be fine if we pulled our troops home as well. I believe the message has been effectively sent, commit an unprovoked attack on US citizens and expect to pay for it. I spent a year of my life in a foreign country acting as the "world police", didn't like it then and still don't.

I'm all for pulling all of the boys back home and putting them to work protecting our borders. Of course then we'd be reading about the police state, how US troops have no business conducting military operations on US soil and how the illegal immigrants should be receiving a fair trial, 3 squares, a bed, cable television, conjugal visits, girl scout cookies and pedicures while they sit in jail awaiting trial for climbing our fences with 25lbs of cocaine tied to their backs and shooting at the border patrol.

Pull them all back. We can operate the drones from right here in the good old USA. Al-Wa-Craphead and his kind aren't worth risking the lives of our soldiers to bring them back for a trial. One of ours is worth thousands of theirs as far as I'm concerned.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If he'd been walking down Broadway, he'd have been arrested and held for trial rather than being killed by a Hellfire missile. That's the point you folks don't appear to grasp. If we had the means to arrest and extradite these particular types of US citizens, we would do so, if for no other reason than the intelligence we could get from interrogating (not torturing) them.

I think what fails to be grasped is the precedent that these actions may represent in the halls of government.

The particulars of this incident aside, concern that mere location on US soil won't eventually be discarded as a factor preventing such a strike are legitimate.

I, for one, think that "it" can happen here, though I hope that such an eventuality can be prevented.

In an earlier post, you basically said when it happens here, you'd get worried. The problem is, my friend, at that point, it would be far too late.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The kid they killed was 6 years old when the towers fell, and his dad was hanging out with his CIA handlers at the Pentagon. 9/11 is going to have to stop being the justification for everything sooner or later.

What 1032JBT said with this statement, is spot on:
    Doesn't really matter if the boy was 6YO or still in his mothers womb when the towers went down. At 16YO he damn sure knew who his father was and what he was about.
    and
    As far as when the towers will stop being used as an excuse for these types of military operations..........when every last one of these SOB's that want us ALL dead

Besides, if I remember correctly was he, or was he not Yemeni?

He may have had dual citizenship, but we don't recognize it, so either he was American or Yemeni, I'm leaning towards Yemeni, because I can not see any reason that a American would want to live there on their own accord.

Another thing I'll tell you, you really need to see what the other side of life is all about, the one where in some of these middle eastern countries where your life means nothing to them.

There are times where I think you hate America so much that I honestly think you'd be better off if you was living under the rule of some crazed so called dictatorship that supports the entire elimination of each and every Israeli and American citizen on the face of the earth.

Don't bother replying, I won't see it, I've decided I don't want to see your :poop: for a week.

Top Bottom