• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    This can’t be the same mall I frequented in the late 80s and early 90s…
    All malls are now vastly different from the 80s and early 90s...

Even in the East End of Louisville the malls there are vastly different. Thanks to public transportation, now the rich and vibrant can come from the West End and get disrespected now in the East End malls...

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    All the malls down here are closed or a ghost store.

Lots of them have wanna be mega churches in them.

Who goes to a Mall in 2024 ?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All the malls down here are closed or a ghost store.

Lots of them have wanna be mega churches in them.

Who goes to a Mall in 2024 ?
    This mall still has a pretty good crowd that comes and shops. They are still pretty well leased in all units. We always enjoyed going over to it when the wife was sick. I would walk her a lap, tthen she enjoyed sitting at the Barnes, drinking one of those fancy bottled waters, look at magazines and people watch.
    I think it is clear though that the urban youths are going to kill it probably sooner rather than later. You get those little old ladies that still like to spend their money in an actual store afraid to go there, it will follow the path of the other malls.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This mall still has a pretty good crowd that comes and shops. They are still pretty well leased in all units. We always enjoyed going over to it when the wife was sick. I would walk her a lap, tthen she enjoyed sitting at the Barnes, drinking one of those fancy bottled waters, look at magazines and people watch.
    I think it is clear though that the urban youths are going to kill it probably sooner rather than later. You get those little old ladies that still like to spend their money in an actual store afraid to go there, it will follow the path of the other malls.
    The last time I went there was probably 2018 or 2019 and I was impressed by how busy it was....in this day and age.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Morning news said they are going to pump up security at The mall… how about concentrating on the troublemakers instead of being worried about people that aren’t there to make trouble.

Don't worry, they will focus on the root of the problem...

tsa-scan-grandma.jpg

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Someone posted in another site that the village mall in danville Illinois is up for sale and the current bid is $2500.
    I dug into this a bit more. The Exterior anchor sections were split off the interior store section for the sale and the larger anchor sections have not met the reserve of 2.5M, but set at a bid of 2M. The interior store section sold for $2500. It is large enough to have close to 50 stores as a guess. At its height it had Target, Sears, Elder Beerman and JcPenny, a food court and Theater along with the smaller stores.

Top Bottom