• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I used to look for it every time I went out, but any more I don't care. If I see it I'll buy some, but I've gotten to be a lot more proficient with my other guns out of having to shoot them more, rather than just plinking with my .22's.

I became the same way. I own 4 .22 caliber weapons, I have considered just selling them all off and not worry about .22 anymore. 3 of the 4 my kids really like, that is the only reason I still have them.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Thank goodness I got into reloading a few years ago. I spent a couple of hours today loading up some 38 special rounds for about 11 cents each, so let me extend a middle finger to all those .22 flippers out there!

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Yep, agreed, the only reason I still have my .22's is because of my kids and an occasional squirrel hunt.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Hey! I,m one of those old geezers and am retiring soon. So how does one join the old geezers 22 purchasing club? Is it like SAMs club? How much is a membership? :dunno: Probably need to camp out overnight to be first in line for the membership. :):

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Hey! I,m one of those old geezers and am retiring soon. So how does one join the old geezers 22 purchasing club? Is it like SAMs club? How much is a membership? :dunno: Probably need to camp out overnight to be first in line for the membership. :):

You have to be a mean old geezer and wag your finger at us youngins and preach about the good old days.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have been able to purchase about 15,000 rounds in less than two months at $.06 per round. I did pay $.075 per round for 1,000 rounds of CCI mini mags.

I bought a dueling tree and six plate rim fire rack from Action Targets so I need lots of ammo to feed the monsters.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I was able to pick some up two different times last week at local Walmart. Just under five cents a round. Bought my limit, and the next day they still had some. It is very hit and miss. The minute someone finds it, they make a call and it is gone in minutes.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I was at KS&E sports, at Pendleton Pike/Post Road, in Ind's North East side on friday morning. They had big boxes of .22 LR at $27 a box, I didn't need any and do not know how many was in a box, but they were Remmington. He had quite a few boxes, and many boxes of other caliber ammo as well. No line.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Cyber Monday was awesome for 22lr. I bought 1483 rounds total for less than $.06/round. Sure, Gramps, it's nothing like the good old days, but someone who bought their first .22lr firearm after Sandy Hook, I was pretty pumped.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    Its not impossible to find online in the 7-10 cents per round range , the 2-4 cent range are few and very far in between
    gunbot or slickgun search and buy it if you need it , I have a cabelas close enough I can ship to site and will hit the link
    a few times ( 1 box per transaction) in an evening and when it arrives I'll stop in and pick it up and get 5% back on my
    club card :)
    by the way we haven't used the 22/45 mag loader in 2 years............

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Its not impossible to find online in the 7-10 cents per round range , the 2-4 cent range are few and very far in between
    gunbot or slickgun search and buy it if you need it , I have a cabelas close enough I can ship to site and will hit the link
    a few times ( 1 box per transaction) in an evening and when it arrives I'll stop in and pick it up and get 5% back on my
    club card :)
    by the way we haven't used the 22/45 mag loader in 2 years............

Those prices really suck. I sold my pistol and am probably going to let my 10-22 go. I remember shooting all weekend for a penny a pop with bottomless ammo cans. I can hand load my 45 as cheap. My 10-22 is a factory bull target model. Had high hopes for it. Darn it. Thought things would level off by now. Maybe I could trade it for a Sub 2K or something.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    In northern part of state, available in every gun shop I have been in but not in "box" stores. This week MidWest has 325 round boxes of Federal auto-match for $24.99...limit of 5 boxes per customer.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I've been saying that the hoarders, resellers, and new shooters haven't helped. I also believe the government and big funded organizations are purchasing large amounts to hopefully kill off an entire generation of interest in shooting by purchasing all of the 22 they can get their hands on. That's why you should support youth programs and get involved. We will have some issues 10 to, 20 years from now if the youth of today have no interest in the shooting sports, hunting, or 2nd amendment rights.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup.....that's it. The government and big corporations are conspiring and buying all the .22

Better yet, maybe it's squirrels lobbying congress. I did see a picture once where there were some squirrels on the whitehouse lawn. Up to no good, no doubt...

:tinfoil:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    About 4.5 cents per round seems to be the new price. I purchased about 225 round box of name brand .22 for $12,and seen 550 round boxes going for about $24 when they are available. I would not buy on the second hand market because I don't know how they have stored it or if it might be one of the recalled bricks. It seems to be coming back, I guess the flippers are finally having someone do the math for them. Gas to drive across town, the time standing in line at O dark 30 in the morning, maybe gas to deliver, and other expenses probably cost them money to buy and resell it. My time is worth something. When the flippers try to unload their stash before the crash it may bring down retail a bit but I doubt it. I have gone to larger calibers that give me more satisfaction knowing I'm shooting the gun and caliber I actually carry or use.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom