• Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    1962 Anschutz Super Match Model 1413

$600.00

I purchased this rifle a couple months ago from a local man who had purchased it from Indiana University Central Stores when they closed the indoor IMU range in the mid 1990's. He was told it was an old I.U. Shooting Team rifle. There were cracks in the stock, and the finish was very tired. I had the stock professionally repaired and refinished with a Tru Oil finish that really made the wood look excellent.

The action is in excellent shape and has a crisp trigger. The bore is flawless with crisp rifling.

Issues:
    It had sat in his safe since then resulting in the spot of rust shown on the side of the barrel next to the muzzle and what I assume was a little more under the barrel where it had clearly been lightly steel wooled. The rest of the finish is original and in excellent condition, so I just kept those spots greased and left it alone.

It is missing the lock down nut for the extending butt. I could not find one, so I used a nut and nylon washer on the main screw to accomplish the same thing. It locks up very well.

The rifle comes with no sights. The scope/sight blocks were included separately when I received the rifle, and they will be included as well.

The 2nd butt plate needs a new piece of materiel on the contact area with the shoulder. The hook butt plate is in excellent condition.

Reasons for selling: I shot this and several other winter time acquisitions for the first time last weekend. This rifle proved to be very accurate, even with a cheap Centerpoint scope. However, I found that I preferred the BSA International Mk II by a wide margin. I want to concentrate on Martini actioned rifles. This rifle will be great for an Anschutz collector or competitive shooter looking for a 54 action.

I am willing to meet FTF for a sale to an Indiana resident within 45 minutes drive of Bloomington, IN.

Thank you for your time in looking at this listing.

Last edited:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I have read through twice and either have failed to see an asking price or an invitation to make an offer. So I am not sure which, because I don't want to offend or come off as a lowballer if I were to throw randomly and come out below your expectations, but I would say that I am interested. Also, I wonder if you could tell me what the barrel markings say if any?

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Sorry to all about the price. I was really tired when I posted last night after making the ad for my Rimfirecentral posting. They put the price in a form field, so it didn't copy over. I have added these images of markings for those who want to know.

Sorry for the early bump Mods, but I wanted to clear up that mistake.

Top Bottom